You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00047 Aug 2008

SrI:

Dear All:

A knowledgable friend of mine sent me
this input , which would be useful to those
Australia/New Zeeland .

Please access these URLs for
precise information applicable
to your areas  .

V.Sadagopan

Sri Sadagopan,

The timings for Lunar Eclipse in Australia is tricky. It is only a Partial Eclipse in Australia.
As per NASA web site, the eclipse occurs at Moon set.
 For practical purposes, we can say that there is no eclipse. As per our scriptures, one should follow Anushtanam if and only if the eclipse is visible in the town.

I have included a link to check Eclipse timings in some of the cities in Australia. http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/JLEX/JLEX-AU.html
Please pick a city closer to where you live.
1. In the section 1, scroll down window under city, pick your city
2. In section 3,  under century selection, click  the range of years [2001-2100] of interest ,you want to look at eclipse timings
 3. Under section 4, you can see timings of eclipse for date in column 1
    Scroll down to your date of interest (2008-Aug-17)
column -2
    P - partial, T - Total , N- Penumral (Penumral eclipses are not visible to eye, no interest
    to us)
  If the timings are grayed out, then the incident is not visible to eye.
The timings are Local Timings.
 Check the row (go horizontally) for Partial/Total begins and ends.
One can see lunar eclipse prediction timings up to year 3000
dasan.