You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00058 Aug 2008

SrI:

Dear AasthikAs :

We have scanned and uploaded a page from Sri Nrisimha Priya in our web site regarding Lunar eclipse and Avani Avittam. You can visit http://www.ahobilamutt.org/upakarma/Upakarma.html to view that.

Please follow the links in there for Saama UpAkarmA .

Alternatively , You can access the PrayOgams for the three kinds of UpAkarmAs ( Rg, Yajur and Saama Veda SaakhA observers) at :

The relevant ebooks are : 46, 47 and 48 Respectively in the Sundadarasimham series .

Some general thoughts
***************************

There have been lot of queries lately on UpAkarma and Eclipses this year . There are a lot of archival material in our and other egroups . Please search for these information first . It is very hard to customize answers for
queries from all parts of globe . Please
follow the local Panchangam or ask
the local Bruhaspathy .This is a full time
effort . While I am happy to rspond within
the limits of my knowledge , I must defer to
experts in JyOthisahm and PanchAngam
construction .

Please become a Member of Vaideekam groups , where Sriman Vaasu VaadhyAr of West Mambalam is giving clear and detailed answers .

JyOthisham is complicated and with
overseas Indian residing in all corners
of the globe , it requires special effort
beyond my capabilities to respond
to many of their specific questions
involving their geographies .
Hence I will be discontinuing from
involvement in this area and focus
on the main mission of the Oppiliappan ,
SaranAgathy and other groups I moderate :

AchArya SrI Sookthis , AchArya /Bhagavath
Kaimkaryams .

I seek your understanding .

I also request Members to introduce themselves . Please send me a private note on where you are and who you are anyother particulars you want me to know so that I can serve you better . Otherwise, it will be like Mottai KadudAsu . This is purely optional . Your help will strengthen the bonds
that already exists in an anonymous manner
between most of the Members of the groups .

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan
Moderator , Oppiliappan , Saranagathy ,
Raama Bhakthi , Malolan Groups
Co-Moderator , Vaideekam Group
Editor : Sundara Simham . Ahobilavalli and
Srihayagrivan ebook series .

P.S: The kind of Member information
that would be useful to me is:

Name, Geographical Location .
email address , SampradhAyic Interests ,
Acharya paramparai ( Optional) ,
Skills & Profession .

These information points are strictly
for my own use to build the network
among members and be sensitive to
their information needs .

Srimathe Sri Lakshminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka Srivan Satagopa Sri Narayana Yathindra Maha Desikaya Namaha

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list