You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Aug 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00086 Aug 2008

Respected Bahagavathas,
Namaskarams,

I was little busy with my office work for the past one month, I could not even
communicate with my Mentor Dr.V,Sadagopan Mama and all my e-groups well
wishers. It was really hectic.I was feeling guilty.

Then on 18th when i was busy in official meeting i received a call from my
another relgious mentor,Sri K R Krishnaswami ( KRK ) Mama ( A writer and Hon
Secretary of Sathayagalam Desika Sabha) , but could not attend it and then at
4Pm again he called and at first he should Sridhar can i give you a very good
news, I told yes mama for that he told that he told Swami Desikan has got his
Third tier of Rajagopuram built, i was really astonished at the speed which the
third tier of Rajagopuram is completed , last time i communicated to you all
was the completion of first tier in June 2008 and showed you the snaps. It is
really amazing the speed at which Swami is getting his Rajagopuram constructed,
it is a tremendous speed all of a sudden. Then Mama told i should accompany him
and he wanted me to capture the pictures and present it before you all , I told
mama i will try to join him, (earlier on 22nd July he wanted me to accompany
him along with Sundar  Kidambhi Anna , but could no
t join due to Loukikam). Then again at 8.00 Pm KRK  Mama Was at some VIP's
Place ( he had gone to collect the funds for Rajagopuram) called and told me to
think again and get back to him. Then i checked my dairy that found that I did
not have any official engagement. I did a mansika Prayer to my Acharyan H H
Rangapriya Swami ( This Rajagopuram Project is very dear to Asmath Acharyan )
Then I returned the call to KRK mama and told it is the Swami Desikans
Thiruullam that i should visit him. Then on 19th Morning i reached KRK mama's
house and Mami as usual showered her affection and gave me a sumptuous
breakfast of Dosa and Badam Milk ( Mami takes care of me like a mother) . Then
at 10.30 Am Car came and also the young Sthapathi Sri Raghu.Even though it was
late we left and Bangalore and by 12.45 we were very near Sathyagalam , Car
back wheel got punctured and in 10 mins .Driver fixed it. Then by 1.30 PM (
Driver drove the vehicle very fast but very carefully and he had absolu
te command over the vehicle. ) Once we reached there we were greeted by ever
smiling soul Sri Madhavan Bhattar and Sri Shelvanarayan Mama ( He is another
Hon'Secretary who lives in a place known as Belakavadi few kms away from  , He
is doing the sharamadhan in the form of supervision of Construction activity
and co-ordinates the supply of material etc.)

Both Madhu Bhattar and Shelvanarayan mama were surprised to see me as KRK mama
had not informed them he had simply told four people are coming.

Then we all Madhu Bhattar did the Pooja and gave us Theertha Prasadam. Then
Immediately Madhu Bhattar served us a sumptuous Lunch which he had
affectionately

prepared for us, It was Devaamrutha for us( I went in flash back mode Say 5
years back  and i rembered the first time when i visited Sathayagalam in
connection with preparation of website, how he made the Dhadhiyonam quickly,
offered it Lord Varadhan,Perumdeivi Thayar and Svami Desikan. Then he offered
me the prasadam.) At that time i still remeber the Mottai Gopuram greeted me.
We thanked Madhu Bhattar as for the lunch. Then Immediately  KRK mama told we
should eat the Pongal Prasadam Prepared by Madhu, next time when you Visit
please dont forget to have Pongal Prasadam prepared by Madhu ( Please inform
him before hand it self , I will give his telephone number at the end of the
mail.

Then we went around temple, i climbed the Gopuram, it was very difficult to
climb with camera in hand, Then took few snaps ( I thought if it is very
difficult for me to climb imagine How our great 44th pattam Azagiasingar used
to climb daily and supervise the Srirangam Rajagopuram in the crude lift).

Then took few more snaps, I was told by KRK mama that by two months time the
fourth and and fifth tier of Rajagopuram will be finished then , it is the
plastering , shilpam parthistai,painting and 5 Brass kalasam to be placed will
be left out . He wants the 4 & 5 th tier to be completed before the Swamis
Annual Thirunakshatram celebration day which in all likely hood will be held on
8th November 2008 ( just  wait for my detailed mail) . Now it is time for we
Bhagavathas to raise to the occasion and see that the Rajagopram is completed
soon, You can also See the Sri Mukham of H H Srimath Azagiasingar, H H Parakala
Jeer Swami.

We all know a well built by Swami Desikan at Thiruvendhipuram is still there
and we know our swami built it when challenged by a mason. The mason gave our
Svami not the full bricks , but he gave him half bricks and broken bricks,
Inspite of it he built a good well due to Bhagawath Anugruham. For such a great
Acharya who was an excellent architect should we not pay tribute by
participating in The Kainkaryam of Building a Rajagopuram which we will leave
behind for
our posterity. I am sure all will  raise to the occasion and participate. I am
sure by next year Swami will get the Rajagopuram and get the Samprokshanam
done.

Please get in touch with Sri K R Krishnaswami Mama , whose tireless efforts are
bearing fruits.His contact detials are

K R Krishnaswami ,
Cell:9902058417
Tel: 080 - 26767528

If Bhagavathas Want to visit Sathyagalam Please get in touch with Sri
Shelvanarayan mama his Tel No:9880417514 (Please inform him as  he will liaise
with Madhu Bhattar and will make your visit fruitful)

Please also inform Madhavan Bhattar His Tel : 9972120469 & 08224-252109, If you
need prasadam/ Thaligai please inform him beforehand, so that he can prepare
and kindly reimburse the cost.

Now with this mail i also appeal to my Mentor Dr.V.Sadagopan Mama also to lend
his helping hand in this holy kainkaryam and i am sure if Dr.V S mama lays his
magical hand in this kainkaryam it will be completed successful, It is my
earnest desire that when Sathayagalam Raagpram Samprokshanam takes place Dr.V S
 Mama will also be present Physically. And On the day all Sri Vaishnava
Acharyas  also should come.

Please follow the link to see the Pictures of construction activities of the
Rajagopuram.

http://www.pbase.com/svami/status-aug2008

If you want to know details about sathyagalam please log on to your website :
www.sathyagalamtemple.net

With a fond hope all will participate in the holy Kainkaryam

Dasan
Lakshminarasimhan Sridhar
0 9448322378

<*> Your email settings: