You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00045 Dec 2002

Dec 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Mr Srikanth,
I know of a place in Andhra pradesh where there is a temple of Kurmavataram.
The name of the place is Srikurmam. It is near the town Srikakulam. This is a
relatively backward district and a small town. It comes in the Madras - Howrah
route by train and it is about three hours (100 KM) north of Visakhapatnam
city. As per the temple priests, that is the only Kurmavataram temple in the
country. I have been lucky to visit that place more than once. I am not aware
of any exclusive temples for Matchyavataram and Parasuramavataram.

Srikanth Nagarajan <srikanthnagarajan@xxxx> wrote:
Dear Bhaktas

Emperuman Sriman Narayanan has taken dasavatharam. But we don't find any
temples for few of the avataras like Matsavadhar, Kurmavadhar &
Parasuramavtar. Has anybody seen or heard about temples for these avataras.
They are also not part of the 108 divyadesams. If any body can tell them
I will be grateful.

om sri kalyana venkataramana swamine saranam
Srikanth.