You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00005 Dec 2004

Dec 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Ok- if you do not have strength and knowledge to do
bhakti yoga now, you can do it later- when you get it-
Please do not think so- Oh Lord!- says Alavandhaar?
Even the Prapatti saasthrA- my performance of
Saranagathi ? itself would be a waste if You do not
cast Your merciful glances at the same? It is the Fact
and Truth.

namrushaa paramaarttham yEva mE
sruNu vignApanamEka magratha:
yathi mE na dhayishyasE thathO
dayaneeyas thava nATha dhurlabha: [50]

Oh NathA! Master and Lord of NithyasUris! The sincere
truthful (with no deceit or any other wrong intention)
plea and prayer of mine- Please listen to that. That
is: If You do not take pity on me and be merciful at
me- then none would be there for You to be blessed by
Your compassion at all. [There will be none]

The saathrAs proclaim that You protect and save those
who are helpless and perform Saranagathi as an excuse
to receive Your grace and be saved by You. I- who is
the at the last helpless and pitiable state- with no
other recourse and refuge other than You- stand here
to be blessed by You.. and hence I am the most
eligible and qualified to receive Your grace and the
most appropriate one. If You do not bless me with your
dayA and think that I am not qualified for Prapatti,
then, there is and will not be anyone who is fit
enough and deserving enough to receive Your dayA. It
is nothing but Truth. No exaggeration and distortion
of facts. If You do not agree, and wish to turn away,
please do not. Stand here and listen to me this. You
dayA, and the saathrAs that mention as to how to
receive would go waste otherwise. Please listen. Mey
ninRu kEttaruLAy ? adiyEn seyyum viNNappamE- said
NammAzhwAr.

Alavandhar ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana