You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00140 Dec 2004

Dec 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha !

SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha !

Srimate Sri Lakshminrisimha Divyapadukasevaka Srivan Satakopa Sri
NarayanaYatindra Mahadesikaya namaha !

Dear Mr.Arvind Rangan ,

I agree with what Mr.Vasan Srirangachari has offered as an
explanation .

However ,I would like to add that in  every Avatar , whether it is
Mukya Avatar like Matsya, Koorma , Varaha , Narasimha etc ( 10     Avatars )
and Gowna Avatars such as Swaroopa Avesa Avatar      ( Parasurama , Balarama
etc) and Sakthi Avatar like                         Karthaveeryarjuna , Budha,
Kapilar etc , Sriman Narayana has a      specific purpose of establishing the
righteousness , Dharma , sadhu samrakshanam  and    removing the evil. In this
context  Mohini Avatar was taken only to trick the Asuras and offer the
Amrutham ( nectar) to Devas for their everlasting life . When Mahavishnu was
churning the Thiruparkadal apart from Kamadenu , Mahalakshmi , so many things
came out including the Amrutham and Asuras , who participated in the churning
process wanted to have the Amrutham , all for themselves and offering to them
would be detrimental to the universe.  Hence  God wanted  to do some thing to
divert their attention. Hence this Avatar.   It is one of the specific
 Avatar lasting for a short duration only to help Devas.

Adiyen - Ramanuja Dasan- G.Sampath.

Vasan Sriranga Chari <vasan_chari_hk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SRIMATE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA
According to srimad Bhagvatam,lord's avataarams are innumerable out of which
ten have are accepted as main avatarams.Hence mohini is also an avataaram of
lord though taken for a short duration .
dasan

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 Arvind Rangan wrote :

>Hello All,
>
> > 21.12.2004 - Mohini Avatara Utsavam
>

>I have always wondered why its called Mohini Avataram when we only
>talk of the Dasavadaram. It is never mentioned in the Dasavadaram so,
>why is it that it is called as Mohini Avataram ?
>

>--
>Best regards,
> Arvind mailto:rarvind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

Give hope to a child.
Helping a needy child is easier than you think.
Click here to meet someone who needs your help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hq3f6C/iJlJAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM