You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00142 Dec 2004

Dec 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Post 4

Dear sri vaishNva perunthagaiyeer,

I meditate on my krishNa asking / requesting him to confer mOksham to all the
victims whose lives he has taken into his fold by employing 'the water force
named tsunami' around south Asia.

I also meditate on krishNa to confer a 'Happy new year 2005' to all around the
world and in particular to the bhakthaas of him in our lists.

In the description of the natavara, my krishNa, we have seen descriptions by
        a.      gOpees,
        b.      brahma
        c.      the wives of braahmaNaas
who were conducting the yagnam through the words of sri sukha brahmam or sukha
maharshi. We also saw swamy dhesikan describing the natavara and a poem by the
famous poet-writer of kerala ezhuththachchan. Now we take up the description of
natavara by the great Krishna - bhaktha leelaa sukhar. To recollect the slOkams
they are added here again.

barhOththamsa vilaasi kunthaLabharam maadhurya magnaananam
prOnmeelan navayouvanam praavilasadhvENu praNaadhaamrutham
aapeenasthana kuDmalaabhirabhithO gOpeebhiraaraadhitham
jyOthich chEthasi naschakaasthi jagathaam Ekaabhiraamaadhbhutham
-1-4 krishna karnaamrutham

barhaa uththamsa = the peacock feathers decorated
vilaasi kunthaLabharam = beautiful hair [full in the head]
maadhurya magna aananam = the face immersed in happiness [aananam is face]
prOnmeelath  nava youvanam = ever growing new youth
praavilasadh vENu = rising from the flute
praNaadha amrutham = the nectarian sound - nectarian music
aapeena sthana = the breasts
kuDmala aabhi: = the flower buds shaped
abhitha: - in all four directions
gOpeebhi: = the gOpees
aaraadhitham = worshipping
jyOthish = a light
na: chEthasi chakaasthi = in our mind shines
jagathaam Eka = in the world one
abhiraama adhbhutham = beautiful wonderfully

meaning: that krishNa, whose
        -       hair in the head is decorated with peacock feathers
        -       face is immersed in happiness
        -       youth is fresh and ever growing
        -       flute pours out nectarian music
        -       chest is worshipped by the embracing gopees who has well shaped
breasts
that wonderful bright light 'krishNa' shines in our mind.

karNalambitha kadhamba manjaree kEsara aruNa kapOla maNdalam
nirmalam nigamavaagagOcharam neelimaanam avalOkayaamahE
-2-31 krishna karnaamrutham

karNa lambitha = dangling in the ears
kadhamba manjaree kEsara = kadamba trees' flowers petals made as a bunch
aruNa = shining
kapOla maNdalam = the area of cheeks
nirmalam = pure, without blemishes
nigama vaak agOcharam = the vEdhaas, voice, not reachable
neelimaanam = the blue coloured
avalOkayaamahE  =  we see fully

meaning: we see that krishNa who
        -       has kadamba tree's flowers and petals made as a bunch dangling
in the ears
        -       the cheeks shine red [due to the red colour of these flowers]
        -       is pure and blemishless
        -       is blue coloured
        -       is not reachable even for the vEdhaas to describe him.

Dear bhakthaas, even though these two slokams of leela sukhar are separate
[appearing in two different sections], if you place them side by side and then
see the meaning, then the description put together is simply the barhaapeedam
slokam in total. Hope you will agree to that.

Now we take up the next description of naaraayana theertha of my krishNa, as
nata vara.

manyE thvaam iha maadhava dhaivam maayaa sveekrutha maanusha bhaavam
dhanyairaadhrutha thath svabhaavam dhaathaaram jagathaam athi-vibhavam
brundhaavana chara barhaavathamsa baththa gunjavana bahuthara vilaasa
santhraanandha samuthkeerNa haasa sangatha kEyoora samudhithadhaasa  -- krithi
pooraya mama kaamam

maadhava = oh maadhava - hey krishNa - one who adorns maa - the mother maha
lakshmee in his chest
thvaam iha manyE = please appear here or be here or appear before me here
dhaivam maayaa sveekrutha maanusha bhaavam = the god taking the human form due
to illusory sport
dhanyai: aadhrutha = honoured by young girls
thath svabhaavam = that nature or character
dhaathaaram = giver or one who has the nature of giving
jagathaam athi-vibhavam = worldly superb wealth power
brundhaavana chara = walking or treading in brindhaavanam
barhaa avathamsa = decorated by peacock feathers
baththa gunja = the black and red berry stung together [as an ornament]
vana bahuthara vilaasa = forest much superior largely staying
santhra aanandha = abundant bliss or enjoying superb bliss
sam uthkeerNa haasa = well split laughter or well blossoming smile
sangatha kEyoora = musically, peacocks
sam udhitha dhaasa = well rising laughter

meaning: hey maadhavaa, [one who has the sree mahalakshmee in his chest] -sri
krishNa
        -       who wanders in the forests of brindhaavanam,
        -       who has taken the human form sportive,
        -       who has the nature of giving endlessly the superb wealth etc
        -       who has decoration with peacock feathers
        -       who has an enticing split smile
        -       who has peacocks accompanying singing in their own style
        -       please appear before me

Since already stated the krithi starts pooraya mama kaamam - the gOpees ask
krishNa - mama kaamam pooraya - fulfill my desires what is the desire - of
enjoying yoy ok krishNa.

Let us also ask him 'mama kaamam pooraya' - fulfill the desire of enjoying him
and his guNa anubhavams more in the new year starting.

Dhaasan

Vasudevan m.g.

Give hope to a child.
Helping a needy child is easier than you think.
Click here to meet someone who needs your help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hq3f6C/iJlJAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM