You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00009 Dec 2005

Dec 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anupadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.07 / ISSUE # 04 dated 1st December 2005
IN THIS ISSUE:
EDITORIAL:
1. A REPORT ON SATHABHISHEKAM
2. AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
3. IMPORTANT DAYS IN Kaarthigai (Vrischika) MONTH
ISSUES RELEASED
So far, 183 Regular issues of SRS have been released apart from Special
Issues:
27 Issues of Vol. 1
15 Issues of Vol. 2
42 Issues of Vol. 3
35 Issues of Vol. 4
28 Issues of Vol. 5
30 Issues of Vol. 6 and
06 Issues of Vol. 7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1. A REPORT ON SATHABHISHEKAM
I am glad to inform you that with the grace of Divya Dhampatis, Asmad
Acharyan, and Mantraakshadai blessings of His Holiness Srimad Andavan,
Poundareekapuram Swami Asramam, Srirangam and all other YathisrEshtas of
Bhagavad Ramanuja-Swami Desika Satasampradayam, the Sathabhishekam for
adiyen was celebrated with great enthusiasm by my sons and daughters and
their families.

As directed by Asmad Acharyan, His Holiness Srimad Andavan, Poundareekapuram
Swami Asramam, Srirangam, the events started on 11th November 2005 itself
with adiyen?s 8-day Parayanam of Srimad Valmiki Ramayanam including Sri Rama
Jananam, Sita Kalyanam, Paduka Pattabhishekam, all the 68 Sargams of Sundara
Khaandam and concluded with a grand finale of Sri Rama Pattabhisheka Sargam
on Friday, the 18th November 2005 at my son?s home at Atlanta.

We left on 19th November 2005 to Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A. to my daughter?s
home where as directed by Asmad Acharyan recitation of Acchidra- Ashwameda
Parayanam was arranged from 20th to 22nd November 2005.

Asmad Acharyan had earlier agreed to have the Acchidra Aswamedha Parayanam
done at the Asramam premises itself  in Srirangam under his adhyaksham and
personal supervision. Arrangements were also made for a grand Tadheeya
Aradanam for the Bhaagavatas attending the same.

The actual Sathabhishekam religious performances in U.S.A. were held on the
8th of Kaarthigai month in the constellation of Aslesha Tirunakshatram on
23rd November 2005. (adiyen?s birthstar)

A large number of Bhaagavatas attended the religious performance in the
morning and the social function in the evening. Numerous messages of
greetings were received from BAC and IRP members, other Members of SDDS,
friends and admirers from all over the world especially from India, U.S.A,
Canada, UK, Gulf countries, Singapore and many others.

Besides Srimukham from asmad Acharyan, Srimukhams from H.H. Jeeyar of
Parakala Matam and H.H. Sri Rangapriya Yathi were also received on time.
Since other Yathivaras like H.H. Azhagiya Singhar of Ahobila Matam and
Srirangam Srimad Andavan of Periyasramam were on Sancharam, their Srimukhams
had not arrived so far. This was partly because of the postal delays
consequent on the flood situation in India. Hopefully, we will receive them
in the days ahead.

The Morning religious performances commenced with ?
Suddhi Punya vachanam and Nootana Yagjnopaveeda daaraNam
1.      The various Aradanams included:
Vishwaksena Aaraadanam, Vaasudeva Aaraadanam, Paaduka Aradanam of Asmad
Achaaryan and Naandi
2.      The Japams included:
Kumba Aavaahanam and Varuna Japam with waters specially brought from the
River Ganga.
3.      The consecrated waters were poured over adiyen?s head during the
SathaabhishEkam proper.
4.      The various Homams included:
Aayush Homam, Sudarsana Homam, Dhanvantari Homam, Mahalakshmi Homam, Jayaati
Homam, Prayaschitta Homam and Saanti Homam
5.      The Vedic Chants included:
        Mantra Pushpam and all the Pancha Suktams.
6.      Sattrumurai - followed by
7.      Perumal-Thayar sambhavanais and
8.      Azhwar Acharya Sambhavanais.

A sumptuous orthodox lunch was offered as Prasadam.

The evening function included group recitals of -
1.      Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam
2.      Madhurashtakam
3.      Gita Govindam
4.      Naama RaamaayaNam and
5.      Hanuman Chalisa

This was followed by an equally titillating dinner.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2. AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Dear Bhagavatas:

You know that the membership of SDDS has burgeoned to about 5000. On an
average, mails from at least 10% of the membership are received for
moderation and featuring in ?Sri Ranga Sri?. This works out to about 500
mails per day. This is partly because "Sri Ranga Sri" is one of most popular
sites with perhaps the largest membership and everyone wants to project
their presence in the site for this reason.

It has become forbiddingly huge even to read through all the mails that
sometimes run to several pages.

I had to devise a strategy of classifying these mails into three categories.

1. Those that are from contributors who by their pattern of posting in the
past have proved trustworthy in posting articles strictly in sync with the
mission statement of Sri Ranga Sri? and without giving room for  futile
debates and discussions. These are approved straightaway saving the articles
for reading at leisure.

2. Those that are known to be posting articles without any regard to the
guidelines and articles leading to potential controversies and unnecessary
debates. These are NOT approved but left as such. Yahoo group administration
automatically rejects messages pending for more than 14 days.

3. Unfortunately, the two categories together constitute only about 10% of
messages posted for ?Moderation?. This still leaves behind the balance of  a
staggering 90% (about 450) presenting a formidable challenge.

I have built up a huge library of rare books and other publications ranging
in periods from 1900s and earlier. I find very little time (practically nil)
for even perusing these source materials for enriching my knowledge.

You know that I have completed 80 years of age on 23rd November 2005 (Vide
Report above) and my health would not permit me to bear the strain anymore.

For quite sometime now, I have been thinking of closing down ?Sri Ranga Sri?
Journal.

But, I could not muster enough courage to liquidate the effort that our
Achaaryas have mandated with their "Mantra akshadai" blessings and an
institution built with enormous loving care over the last decade.

As we are on the10th year of Swami Desika Darsana Satsangam (SDDS) & 6th
year of "Sri Ranga Sri" (SRS) Electronic Journal, I feel that it is high
time that I called it a day and handed over the administration to a
competent person.

I sincerely believe that the person should be one ABLE AND WILLING to carry
on the high traditions of our journal and one who can think and act with the
same wavelength and in tune with the spirit of the mission statement of
?SDDS? and "Sri Ranga Sri" Journal.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Also, I would like not to burden those who are already ?OWNERS / Moderators?
of other sites.

If you feel that you fulfill the above criteria, I would heartily welcome
your offer to take over as
?Co- Moderator?. In the alternative, you may suggest anyone (with the above
qualifications) as an appropriate person to take over as "Co- Moderator" and
relieve me.

I will be always be available to help in the administration, if my services
are required at any time.
If necvessary, I will be willing to act as "Chief Moderator"

I would appreciate your advise ASAP.
Thank you

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3.      IMPORTANT DAYS IN KAARTHIGAI (VRISCHIKA) MONTH
DATE/ENGLISH)/DAY/NAKSHATRAM/ (THITHI)/ EVENT/ REMARKS

01 / 11-16-05 / Wednesday / Prathamai / Kartigai / Vishnupati,
                                        MuDavan Muzhukku
09 / 11-24-05 / Thursday / AshTami / Magam / CHINNAANDVAN (PA)
                                        31st Jeeyar (AM)
12 / 11-27-05 / Sunday / Hastam / KrisNapaksha Sarva Ekaadasi
16 / 12-01-05 / Thursday / Anusham / Sarva Amavasya,
                                KOtikannikaadaanam Tatachariar
17 / 12-02-05 / Friday / KeTTai / Prathamai / Koilaayanaar
19 / 12-04-05 / Sunday / Pooraadam / Triteeyai / DEvanarvilagam
                                Azhagiya Singhar 43rd Jeeyar (AM)
20 / 12-05-05 / Monday / Utradam-Tiruvonam /Chaturthi /
                                Sravana Vratam, 34th Jeeyar (AM)
25 /12-10-05 / Saturday / Utrattadi / Dasami /PRAKRITAM 45TH PATTAM AZHAGIYA
  SINGHAR(AM) , Koil Kandadai Vadoola Desikar
26 / 12-11-05 / Sunday / Revati / SuklaPaksha Ekaadasi,
                                SARVA KAISIKA EKADASI
27 / 12-05 /Monday / Barani /Dvadasi / Barani Deepam
28 / 12-13-05 / Tuesday / Barani-Kartigai / Trayodasi /
                                                                 TIRUMANGAI
AZHWAR
29 / 12-14-05 / Wednesday / Kartigai-Rohini / Chaturdasi / TIRUPPAAN AZWAR
30 / 12-15-05 / Thursday / Mrigaseersham / POurnami /
                Vaikhaanasa,
Paancharaatra Sarvaalaya Deepam

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM