You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00087 Dec 2005

Dec 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

 Dear All :

 We had some discussions recently on reciting specific
 SthOthram of Swamy Desikan on a particular day , when one
 of the 27 stars is in ascedance .This is not for KaamyArtham .

 There is also a tradition to recite specific sthOthrams from our AchAryAs
 during the different stages of TadhiyArAdhanam . This is the path of
 AchAryAs during the TadhiyAraadhanams . This is just the opposite of
 running for the door after taking part in a TadhiyArAdhanam involving
 a Vaidhika GhOshti .

 I had asked for clarification from Sriman Govindarajan Swamy , who is
 known to many of You from his untiring efforts to teach Sanskrit
 from his bases in MadhurAnthakam and Muscat .He is very knowledgable n
 such matters as a sishya of great AchArya Paramparais . I am thankful
 for his informative response . With his permission , I would like to share
 his input and encourage you to adopt this ancient practise in your homes
 as well .

 V.Sadagopan