You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00006 Dec 2006

Dec 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Thanks.  When I say Khandana I mean coming from Sri Vedantha Desika or the
likes - Sri Jayatheertha/Sri Vyasathirtha(of dvaitha) etc., who are
chatusasti kovidas and whose works are bereft of any doshas.

I would say, a khandana on Shatadushana should have met with a response from
Vedantha Desika (if it originated in his time).  Otherwise, I only think
that any khandana on shatadushana is the outcome of improper understanding
of the great work.  Hence the later day khandana works on great works like
shatadushana, nyayasudha etc., suffer limitations.

Thanks a lot.  I think vijayendra parajaya and vijayendravakvijaya etc.,
refers to vijayendra thirtha of a dvaitha lineage.  However, I will make
enquiries on these.

Dwelling deep into upanishats & sutras is an orduous task unless one possess
knowledge of  sanskrit & siksha in a traditional manner.  Even though I can
guess the enormous pleasure that a Sribhashya brings in when one studies, I
am keeping it at bay for want of sufficient qualification to receive the
knowledge it contain.  As they say, Veda is more afraid of those who study
it & misunderstand it  than one who won't touch it.

thanks
sukumar