You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00073 Dec 2006

Dec 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest all,

After Periya PiraaTTi, let us enjoy the glories of our
BhUmi PiraaTTi- Sri Bhoo Devi ? who is LakshmI?s priya
sakhi..

BhUmi Piraati took the avatar as an ordinary girl
amongst us to bless us with rich, philosophical,
easy-to-understand pAsurams of ThiruppAvai and
Naacchiyaar Thirumozhi (30+143 verses). She is so
merciful that she sang the 30 verses that are simply
the essence of all vEdAs. Let us remind ourselves of
what Our Dearest Great AchAryAs Sri RamanujA and Swami
Desikan say on GodhA Piraatti.

Thiruppavai (30 verses) can alleviate all our enormous
Greatest sins;
They can show us the Lotus Feet of Paraman (Sriman
Narayanan) and bless us. They are the seed of all
VedAs. Those who do NOT know these 30 (5x5+5) verses
of GodhA are simply burden to the Earth (BhUmipiraati
- Sri AndAL). (Let us pray to Her and YathirAjA for
granting us the determination so that we will recite
these 30 verses everyday morning
POSITIVELY and NOT cause further burden to our dearest
Mother GodhAPiraatti- BhUmi Piraatti.)

Let us meditate on the most compassionate and most
merciful Divine Godha PiraaTTi and surrender to Her
Lotus feet.

Swami Desikan starts off the GodhAsthuthi, which is
reported to have been sung by Swami, when he was
greatly captured by GodhA's Divine Beauty in the
streets of Sri Villiputthur during a procession
(Uthsavam) on the day of which Swami was obsevring
Mouna vratham (perhaps, PradhOsham time).

GoDhA looked gracefully at Swami and allured him as if
she says "Hm.... Sing .. Come
out..VedantaAchAryarE!"Swami blessed us with 29
excellent verses of GOdhAsthuthi. (one less than 30
pAsurams of ThiruppAvai)

SrivishNuchittha kulanandana kalpavaleem
Srirangaraaja harichandana yoga drusyaam I
SakshAth KshamAm karuNayA KamalAmivAnyAm
GodhAm ananya saraNa: SaraNam prapathyE II

O GodhE ! I perform Prapatthi at Your sacred feet as
one , who has no other recourse ! I have no one else
to save me . You are the Kalpaka creeper adorning the
Lord standing  as the auspicious  HarichandanA tree in
the flower garden of the Kulam of VishNuchitthA , your
father. The darsanam of You united with Your Lord
tightly as the divine kalpakA creeper and the
celestial HarichandanA tree is a blessed sight to see
.In Your infinite patience with the aparAdhis , You
appear verily like Bhumi dEvi and in your limitless
compassion , You resemble
Maha Lakshmi Herself . I offer my Prapatthi at your
sacred , lotus feet as the one , who has no other
means  !

Also, Sri Manavala Maamuni says:

inRO Thiruvaadippooram;- emakkaaga anRO inghu ANdAL
avatharitthaaL-
kunRaadha vaazhvaana vaikuntha vaan bhOganthannai
igazhdhu
AzhwAr ThirumagaLaaraay.

Beautiful and simple: Maamuni says: Today is
Thiruvaadipporam. Andal appeared only for us; She
sacrificed Her eternal Vaikunta enjoyment and
living and appeared here as the human daugher of
AzhwAr. (What a compassion of Bhumi Piraatti!)

Swami Desikan in his GodhAsthuthi (verse 24) says:
(Free translation):

Oh GodhA Piraatti! Sriman NarayanA's role is to
carryout punitive actions against us (who are
trespassing sasthrAs and are committing
sins/apachaarams). But Periya Piraati Sri MahAlakshmi,
the Most Merciful Mother is there by His side to be
soft on us and always recommends us (the sinners) to
Sriman Narayanan for forgiving our apachaarams out of
Her compassion. How many times He can yield to Her
recommendations? (before even the performance of our
sins gets dried, Sri Lakshmi recommends us for His
pardon!). He gets vexed and is totally helpless and
turns His face to the other side (in disgust- THAT He
is always asked by the Mother MahAlakshmi- Periya
Piraatti- to forgive us (the sinners )- How merciful
She is!). On such occasions when the Lord turns away
from Lakshmi, on this side there sits equally Most
Merciful BhUmi Piraatti GodhAPiraatti-who is taking
her turn to recommend us again to the Lord! He, simply
smiles both of You (Periya Piraatti and GodhApiraatti)
and forgives us!

When You and Periya Piraatti are there, GodhA! What is
there to worry about?

Srimanyai VishNu chitthaaryamanOnandhanahEthavE!
nandhanandha sudharyai gOdhaayai Nithya MangaLam!!
-Sri Manavaala Maamunigal

asmadhAchArya paryanthAm vandhE GuruparamaparAm
Regards
Namo narayana
dasan

<*> Your email settings: