You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00023 Feb 2002

Asmadgurubhyo namah,

Since this topic is going into controversies, let me apologize to the group
to have some how landed in this controversy.

LET THIS BE THE LAST POSTING ON THIS SUBJECT. LET US CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

I do not wish to react to the points brought out by Sri Varadan. All I
conclude is that different acharyas have expressed different opinions about
these aspects. My advice to Sri Ramanuja Satagopan and others is to take
this topic outside the Internet groups and seek advice from their acharyas.

Tad viddhi pranipatena pari prashnena sevaya - attain that knowledge by
saluting the acharyas, asking them questions frequently and serving them
sincerely - bhagawadgita.

I dont think Internet is a good medium to learn shastras. It is more for
sharing information on a casual basis. Hence our scriptures state : atma va
are drastavyo srothavyo manthavyo nidhidhyasitavyah - Atman has to be seen
by hearing, contemplating and meditating.

My suggestion to the members is to learn from weekend lectures taught by
great widvans who teach from India directly one to one over the conference
bridges arranged by several individuals. I think learning using that method
is 1000 times better than learning on the internet.

adiyen Krishna