You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00046 Feb 2002

Arul tharum Aarana Desikanae
Engal Thooppul Devey

Respected Bhagavathas :

Sreeman Sadagopan's swamy's mail on the samarpanams of Abhinava Desikan
U.Ve. Uthamur swami is, to say the least, the culmination of all that is
written on Swami on the eve of his Thirunakshatram.

Since there is a mention about Thiruvengadamudaiyan (Swami's Kula Deivam)
and Oppiliappan, I have the following to write for the benefit of the
members of the Group so that they can partake.

There is a temple dedicated to Venkatachalapathy in GUNASEELAM, near
Tiruchirapalli, on the Trichy-Salem Road. A sage by name Gunaseela
Mahirishi appealed to Thiruvengadamudaiyan to bless the people of South
Tamil Nadu by his nithya seva so that old age and others who could not trek
the Seven Hills could have the benefit of his Darshan. Accordingly,
Thiruvengadamudaiyan is blessing the devotees in this temple. The story has
is that after the Maharishi's period, there was no daily pooja. A Chola
King was ordained to construct a temple. When he wanted to make it a grand
one, Perumal instructed him to make it a small temple and a bigger one will
be constructed during Kaliyuga. Here Perumal appears with a sceptre to ward
off evils, mental disorders and other ill-effects.

The temple authorities have undertaken a renovation exercise by which the
Garbha Griham itself is proposed to be raised to a higher level. (For this,
Perumal -Moolavar and Uthsavar - are giving Darshan in a temporary sannidhi
constructed with all agama vidhis). Kanchi Sankaracharyas have undertaken
the mammoth task of collecting funds which estimate works out to Rs. 1.50
Crores. When I enquired the Trustees about their approaching our Acharyas,
he informed that H.H. Andavan Swami did mangalasasanam and had directed some
influential and wealthy people to contribute. Work is progressing well.
The Perumal is Kula Deivam for Adiyen's family, as I hail from Srirangam
(now in Chennai).
Since the amount to be collected is very huge and the task is gigantic, we
all should join in this holy task and contribute our mite. The appeal of
the Tirupani Committee says that cheques/drafts are to be drawn on
"Secretary or Treasurer, Gunaseelam Sri Prasanna Venkatachalapathy Perumal
Thirukkoil Tiruppani Kuzhu" and sent to the Secretary, Gunaseelam Sri
Prasanna Venkatachalapathy Perumal Thirukkoil Thiruppani Kuzhu, Gunaseelam,
Musiri Taluk, Tiruchirappali district, PIN 621 204.

In case the donor wants to avail 80-G exemption of IT Act, the DD/Cheque
should be drawn in favour of "Shree Kanchi Kamakoti Peetathipathi
Sankarachariar Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal Golden Jubilee Charitable
Trust, Chennai." and sent to the same address mentioned above at Gunaseelam.

I do not know how many of you have visited the Temple. If one had a darshan
once, he or she will visit every time while visiting Trichy.

It is Adiyen's vinnappam that we should take a cue from Nachiar "KOODI
IRUNDHU KULIRNDHU" and participate in this holy venture.

Adiyen
Srirangam Srinivasa Raghava dasan

Azhwar, Emberumanaar, Swami Desikan Thiruvaidgalae charanam.