You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00074 Feb 2002

Lord has given 4 qualifications for the study of gita

adh.18-shl.67
idam te naatapaskaaye naabhaktaaye kadaachana
na chashushrushave vaachyam na cha maam yo-abhyasooyati

meaning
This secret gospel of Gita should never be imparted to a man who lacks
penance, nor to him who is wanting in devotion, nor even to him who
lends not a willing ear; and in no case to him who finds faults with
Me.

comments
if u have developed these qualities in u, then u r instructed to

adh.18-shl.65
manmanaa bhava madbhakto madyaajee maam namaskuru
maamevaishysi satyam te pratijane priyo-asi me

meaning
Give your mind to Me, be devoted to Me, worship Me and bow to Me.
Doing so you will come to Me alone, I truly promise you;
for you are exceptionally dear to Me.

comments
if u do this u have nothing to worry as Lord promises further

adh.18 -shl.66
sarvadharmaanparityajya maamekam sharanam vraja
aham tvaa sarvapaapebhyo mokhshyishyami maa shuchah

meaning
Resigning all your duties to Me, the all-powerful and all-supporting
Lord, take refuge in Me alone, I shall absolve you of all sins,
worry not.

comments
and this is the essense of gita

for more detailed study of gita