You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00038 Feb 2003

Jai Sriman Narayana!
Asmath Gurubhyo namaha!

Dear Vijayulu:

Karma and Gnyana are angas of Bhakthi and you can not
have bakthi without gnyana. Therefore, the anology of
the ripe fruit attributed to gnyana is wrong.
Knowledge without practice is useless. If we have true
gnyana and know our relationship with the supreme
being, then we devlop bakthi. Now, Saranagathi or
prapathi is even much superior to bakthi and is the
surest path for moksham and Bhagavadanubhavam. While
karma, gnyana, and bakthi can lead to ahankara (which
is self destructive) since you can think that I am
doing this, there is no such danger of ahankara with
saranagathi. He will takle care of everything when you
do saranagathi and that is the essence of Srimad
Bagavad Githa. There is no qualification needed for
performing saranagathi.

In the service of lOrd Sri venkateswara, I remain,

Sincerely
Narender P. Reddy