You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00083 Feb 2003

Sri:
Narayana Narayana Narayana.
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha.
Revered Bhagavathas,
Time and again Emberuaan has declared that the Hearts of Bhagavathas as HIS
ABODE. Great People have told us the Emberuaman has chosen the hearts of His
Devotees as a place where He resides eternally . In ever so many verses of the
Divya Prabhandam the Alwars have stated that HE resides in their Heatrs or
entered their Hearts.
These Apart, we know that EMBERUMAANAAR has hugged His idols and told His
Sishyaas that they need not worry about His leaving this world as He will be
present in the Idols which are to be installed at Sri Rangam and Sri Peumbudur
and will continiue to Bless all his followers at all times.
So there is no doubt whatsoever that the of Alwars and Acharyas whose idols are
installed in templesand in whose Hearts Emburumaan is present always, installed
in the temples, are present everywhere at the same time. It is Their Blessings
that make us think and worship Sriman Narayana at all times. So let there be no
doubt on the presence of the radianceof Grace of our Great Acharyas and Alwars
whose idols are installed in the temple.
I request Great Souls of Sri Vaishanava to enlighteen this aspect in much more
lucid terms with authenticity.
Adiyen
Sri Ramanuja Dasan
Kombur Vankipuram Madhavan.

Veda Venkatesh <veda_venkatesh@xxxx> wrote:
Sri:

Respected Bhagavathas,

I have a doubt regarding the idols of acharyas / alwars that are installed in
temples. I understand that the shastras say that if an idol of God is installed
with the required rituals, the idol is equivalent to the thirumeni of the Lord.
Being omnipresent, of course, God is present everywhere at the same time.
However, all others, being jivatmas and atomic in nature, are they considered
to be present in the installed idols? if not, why are those idols installed?
Hope my question is not offensive to anyone.

Respects,

Vedalakshmi

A SMILE is worth the whole world and can make everyone your BEST FRIEND.