You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00103 Feb 2003

Dear Bhagavatas:

I understand that there is difference of opinion on the number of Saligramams one could have. Some say that 12 Saligramams make the place equal to a Divyadesam and so anything more than 12 are allowed even if they are of in odd numbers like 13, 15, 17 etc.

The other opinion is that odd numbers cannot be had (except 1)under any circumstances.

I have 13 Saligramams with me some bequeathed from the time of my great grandparents and some got during my last trip to Muktinath besides 8 numbers of Dwaraka Silas got during my last trip to Dwaraka.

Can anyone clarify the correct position with appropriate PramaaNams?
Thank you.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

Home Page