You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00115 Feb 2003

You may kindly refer the article translated from HH Pundarikapuram Swamy's
tamil articles in Perarulalan:
--------
saalagraamaha samaaha poojyaaha samaeshu dvithayam na hi
asamaaha naiva pujyanthae ekaha pujyatamomataha

Even number of saalagraamams have to be worshipped, exception being two
saalagraamams.
Odd number of saalagraamams should not be worshipped, exception being one
saalagraamam.
-------
There is no specific mention that a different rule applies for numbers above
12
in these set of articles. However we can check with our Acharyans on this.

Also, I have heard from elders that if Dwaraka Shila is present, it would
compensate for this even/odd problem as every Kuzhi (hole) in the dwaraka
shila is considered equivalent to a saligramam.

Regards,
Narasimhan