You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00141 Feb 2003

Pranams

Recently there was a discussion about Saligrama
Aradhanai. Regarding this, i have a doubt.

REQUESTING THE BHAGAVATHALS TO KINDLY GUIDE ME
PROPERLY.

Four years back when i went to Nepal, i brought many
Saligrama murthys (nearly fifty) which were of
different size with different colours, shape and gave
all that to one sadhu. But i kept four of them in
home and distributed one murthy each to some of my
family members.

When i went out the country i gave all the four
murthams to my in-laws. I am very much sure that in
all my family including my in-laws, are not doing
daily abishekam/offering a tulasi to the murthy though
they does the naivedhyam, which is the daily practice
in all the house.

Now, what should i do? can i request them to hand
over the murthys to some madam or to some vaishnava
who does the aradhanai daily?? many of them kept the
murthy just like that in their pooja place not even
inside a box. Now, after reading the different
mails,guidance from different acharyas and Sriman
Sadagopan's article about Saligrama aradhanai, i feel
very much guilty of giving the murthys though
unknowingly to my family members who doesnt know the
value. What should i do if they(including my in-law)
are not willing to give the murthy to some vaishanava
or to mutt??

I am now very much afraid also becoz will PERUMAL ever
forgive me for having done this great apacharam to
Him??

pranams once again
rajalakshmi