You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00158 Feb 2003

> On an unrelated issue, I sense that if she obtained
> over 50 sAlagrama-s, they might have been
> "purchased" by paying money. If this is the case,
> some purANa-s seem to indicte that buying the
> mUrti-s is also not considered right, just as
> selling them is forbidden (source: Publication on
> sAlagrAma-s by Kalpatharu Research Center, SrI B.
> Ramachandra rao). Others are invited to comment.
> -Krishnamachari

My humble pranams to all bhagavathals who wrote
personally and in the groups list.

Actually, when i went to nepal, i didnt go to
Muktinath to get the salagramams. In fact, i went to
river kandaki where this river comes from muktinath
and joins with the other river, this place is app.150
kms(i think) from kathmandu. I crossed this other
river called 'narayani' (that is what the local person
told me) in a very small boat, and reached river
kandaki. Since muktinath is very far and trekking is
needed, the local person in katmandhu guided me to go
to this river as many sadhus come there and take the
salagrama murthys.

After doing my pranams to the river,I took the
salagramam murthys with the help of other local
persons who were there in helping me to identify the
good murthys becoz i know nothing about the
size,shape,colour,etc.

pranams once again
rajalakshmi