You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00163 Feb 2003

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha.
Dear Bhagavathas,
Please accept Adiyen's Pranaams.
Refering to the subject matter, I wish express my views as follows:
Charity to any right cause makes one very happy. But before offering any help
in any form including donation of money, it is necessary to get the full
details of the Aim for which the donation is raised, the actual scheme of
operation of the Trust or the like for which the donation is accepted etc
without any doubt. Once we R convinced of the worthiness of the purpose and
genuinness of the donations being raised, we can donate any amount which we can
offer willingly and within our reasonable means. There is no need to worry abt
how it will be viewed by the party which accepts the donation.
Where possible, we may keep in touch with the services rendered by donations
raised. If V R satisfied with the services, V can always continue to donate and
encourage such works to be continued.
Adiyen
Sri Ramanuja Dasan
Kombu Vankeepuram Madhavan.
vijayalu <vijayalu@xxxx> wrote: Dear members,

What do the scriptures say about charity? we hear people saying earmark 5%
or10% or 25% so on for charitable purposes? is it on the savings or total
income ? One is always put to dilemma when some one approaches for donations,
be it for temples; welfare institutions , schools, muths , Vedic schools, times
of national calamities etc . can someone say in what type of charities one can
or should participate /.

Parting of money is sometimes most difficult , but I have heard people saying
that even if one gives one rupee or a dollar , give it with full heart. No
problem ; the question is one feels embarrassed to give small amounts. the
recipient also sometimes looks down upon you? what is the solution?

V K Vijayaraghavan

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

A SMILE is worth the whole world and can make everyone your BEST FRIEND.