You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00010 Feb 2004

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Here's a great news!
I am sure you all know Sri Anand Karalapakkam
Swamin... from Chennai- who is in his late twenties
and is eighties with respect to jnAna, vairAgya
anushtAnam..

We know of his excellent academic background [two
engineering degrees and also a topper from BITS,Pilani
-I am also from the same college is out of place here-
but I am proud to say so, though SrI Anand may not
feel:), and Sri Anand did his MS in University of
Connecticut, USA ]. There are numerous inspiring and
informative and valuable articles on our rich
sampradayam in our yahoogroups written by him in
earlier years during his stay at US.. example: Article
on Samasrayanam, Bhakti vs Prapatti, and discussion on
Srivaishnavam versus Gaudiya etc...which are all
treasure and must read by each one of us.

He left the States for a full time vaidIka life of
studying Sastras (vairagyam, determination) and he
turned out to be a good upanyasaka as well [we all had
the taste of the same all over the world including
Simhapuri in 99].....now Sri Anand as a recognized
Vedanta Vidvan in his young age itself.

I am glad to receive the news that Sri Anand is now
being conferred with the title "Bala Vedantha
Bhaskara:"

Sri U.Ve.Payyampadi Venkatavaradacharya Swami
[successor to Sri  Utthamur Swami], on behalf of the
Sri Utthamur Viraraghavachariar  Centenary Trust is
conferring title "Bala Vedanta Bhaskara:" to  Sri
Anand for his knoelwdge.

Bala Vedanta Bhaskara: means Young sun of Vedantha (or
son:-) or the Rising Sun of Vedantha - a title
befitting Sri Anand.

Sri Anand deserves the title verily: as he has made
many excellent presentations in various Vidvat Sadas'
like Sri Malolan Vidvat Sadas, Sri Utthamur Swami
Vidvat Sadas, Sri Nadadur Ammal Vidvat Sadas, Sri
Perukkaranai Swami's Satabhishekam Vidvat Sadas etc on
very intricate topics of our Siddhanta like :
i) The nature of the aatma dharmas like
ekatva,anukulatva etc - either Svayamprakaasa Or
dharmi-bhaasya [based on Sri Utthamur Swami's nirvaham
in this complicated matter],

ii) The nature of freewill and karma for Jivatmas
[Explanation of the actual siddhanta in Srutaprakasika
and removal of its various mis-understandings, overall
soultion to the problem with added insights - regarded
as a great contribution in unlocking the confusions -
which I heard from Sri Anand when I met him last July
2003 that it will be published as a book in the latter
half of 2004, inclusive of the related analysis and
insights  in Adhikarana Saravali and its commentaries
by Sri Kumara Varadacharya and Sri Utthamur Swami,
Gita-Gita Bhashya-Tatparyachandrika
and Sri Utthamur Swami's tipani, Tattva Sara of
Nadadur Ammal and its commentary by Sri Utthamur Swami
etc.],

iii) The nature(s) of bhakti yoga in the place of
which Divya Dampati presents themselves for prapatti
regarding the granting of moksha at various time
periods in the future as requested by a prapanna i.e.
for various types of aartha and drupta prapattis [Sri
Anand Swami's own solution to this unanswered question
posed by Sri Perukkaranai Swami].

iv)  The nature of various yogas in Bhagavad Gita and
their interlinks - Roadmap to a mumukshu with the
available options from starting point and at each
major destination. an indepth analysis as to how these
yogas as represented in the roadmap correspond to the
overall scheme of ashtanga yoga as explained  in Sri
Bhashya. [Excellent research work developing on the
nirvahams by Sri Utthamur Swami; expected to be
published as a book by 2005].

I do not much understand many of these topics and I
can only appreciate with awe:)

Sri Anand has won deep appreciation and admiration -
the choicest blessings of the greatest acharyas like
Srimad Azhagiyasingar of Ahobila Muth, Sri
Perukkaranai Chakravartyacharya Swami, Sri Navalpakkam
Ramanuja Tathacharya Swami (SrI NSR), Sri Navalpakkam
Varadacharya Swami of Thiruvaheendrapuram, Sri
Chettalur Srivatsankacharya Swami, Sri Payyampadi
Venkatavaradacharya Swami, Sri Villur Nadadur
Karunakaracharya Swami, Sri Mannarkudi
Rajagopalacharya Swami, Sri Kaniambakkam
Devanathacharya Swami and many others -for his
intellect/ analytical ability in even offering
solutions to very intricate issues in Vedanta.

He has also delivered various lectures on basic and in
depth matters on Srivaishnavam to youngsters and they
are available in recorded form.. Those who are
interested may contact Sri Anand Swamin at
kgk@xxxxxxxx  Many people have listened to and are
benifitted from his lectures on Vedantha [I myself
have listened to and have understood - is a testimony
that anyone can surely understand.. If a dull one
understands- naturally others will.

There are about eight CDs [10 hrs of upanyasam in each
CD] on the series "Lectures on Vedanta" under the
banner "Sri Nruhari Adhyatma Vidya Siksha" on
different topics ......

I am sure you would like to listen to as it is good
for novices like me.

Also please be informed that on the eve of the
thirunakshatra mahotsavam of "Abhinava Desika"  Sri
Utthamur Swami (thai-swati; Feb 12th), there will be
upanyasam  by Sri U.Ve."Mahamahopadhyaya" Perukkaranai
Chakravartyacharya Swami  reg "Abhinava Desika on
Swami Desika's Kavyas" and other activities  taking
place on Feb 9 (Monday) from 3 pm to 5 pm at Dept of
Vaishnavism, University of Madras. Those residing at
Chennai do not miss the opprotunity to  attend and are
requested to report as well:-) for our benefits/
enjoyment.

our heartiest congratulations to Sri Anand and may his
jnAna, bhakti, vairAgya, anushtAnam grow from strength
to stregth! May Sri LakshmI Nrusimhan continue to
bless him as He does always!

Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan