You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00045 Feb 2004

SvabhAnu Thai Swathi

Dear BhakthAs:

A "miracle " of sort happened today !
It happened on the same day !

Today , as you know is the Thirunakshathram of
Abhinava Desika SrI UtthamUr  Swamy.

Two parcels arrived today at my house .

Both gift parcels were from Bangalore .

Both gifts center on Swamy  Desikan .

One is the erudite monograph of  the great
scholar in residence at Bangalore , U.Ve.
Maha VidvAn , VedAnta Vidvanmani ,
Saasthra SampradhAya BhUshanmani ,
Desika Darsana ChUdAmaNi , VedAntha
Vidhya Vageesa Dr.N.S. Aanantha Rangacharya
Swamy entitled " Essence of Srimad Rahasyatraya Saaram ".

I will write about this scholarly monograph that provides
the quintesssence of RTS in the inimitable style of this
compassionate AchAryan in greater detail in my next posting .

The second release that arrived at my house is
a brilliant CD ROM entitled " Chithra Desikeeyam "
and it covers the Vaibhavam of Swamy  Desikan's life and
works . The gifted author is the young SrI Laskhmi Narasimhan
Sridhar of Bangalore , who already gave us the enjoyable CD ROM on
Sathyagalam and other KshEthrams in KarnAtaka recenty .
SrI L.Sridhar's CD ROM is one of the most delightful and
informative CD ROM that is available to VaishNavite children todate.
The personal , one on one basis in which Sri Sridhar converses
with the children and instructs them ably with beautiful images about
the life and Vaibhavam of Swamy  Desikan is simply brilliant .

While the Srimad Rahasya Thraya Saaram (RTS) is addressing
the needs of eager SrI VaishNavAs yearning to learn about
the ripe upadEsams of Swamy  Desikan through His  magnum
Opus , RTS , Chithra Desikeyam focuses on the information needs of
VaishNavite children about our great AchAryan , Swamy Desikan .

Both these "educational releases " meet a real , persisting need .
Both are brilliant in their own ways addressing different age groups .

I will write about each of them in greeater detail tomorrow .
This note  is just a note of announcement of these two brand
new "educational releases " , which are going to make
all of us and our families enriched and feel proud about
our ancient darsanam and its AchAryAs , who have protected
and preserved it to become the soul-nourishing nectar.

Daasan , V.Sadagopan

Send the freshest Valentine's flowers with a FREE vase from only $29.99!
Shipped direct from the grower with a 7 day freshness guarantee and prices so
low you save 30-55% off retail!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_iAw9B/xdlHAA/3jkFAA/VkWolB/TM