You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00069 Feb 2004

Dear BhakthAs:

I am enclosing a note from Dr.Venkat Kanumalla ,
the Chairman of SrI RanganAtha Temple regarding
an intensive course to learn spoken Sanskrit during
the end of March ( March 20 & 21)  .

Sanskrit is our heritage and it will be wonderful to gain
Mastery over speaking it even at  a minimal level.

Although the plans are to have these lessons at the temple,
we will look in to the provision of  Telebridge and let you
know.

For now , may I suggest that those who are within driving
range of the temple to come , join and have PerumAL Sevai
as well as PerumAL PrasAdham on both days .

Please come and join in this unique event.

V.Sadagopan

INPUT FROM DR. VENKAT KANUMALLA
***************************************

"  Sri Govinda of Samskrit Bharati is willing to conduct a 16-to-18  hours
 spoken Sanskrit course at our Temple on 3-20-2004 and 3-21-2004.
 The sessions can be 9AM to 12 noon, 2 PM to 5 PM and 6 PM to 8 PM on both
 days, for a total of 16 hours or more depending on participants'
enthusiasm.

 This will be a great opportunity for all of us to refresh and or learn
 spoken sanskrit and also to understand some of our Temple pooja procedures.

 The Course fee will be $50= for the two day session.

 The payment can be either to our Temple (to be paid to Samskrita Bharati
 later) or to Samskrita Bharati directly.

 One or Two instructors will be conducting the course.
 Local Volunteers are taking care of the accomodation for the instructors.
 Prasadam will be there for all the participants.

 The instructors will be happy if there are at least 10 students.

 I am sure you will all love this opportunity to learn sanskrit and I
request
 all of you to try to make the best use of this opportunity.

My sincere Thanks to Sri VK Ranganathan for his support and commitment to
 help our Sri Ranganatha Temple and to conduct this course at our Temple.

 Thank you all for your support and participation.

 regards,

 Venkat Kanumalla."

Yahoo! Groups Links