You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00040 Feb 2005

  SRIMATE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA
My upanayanam was held belatedly when I was 13 years old.Since then I was doing
sandhya only in the morning.Later we did the upanayanam of my son when he was
seven.I started doing the trikala  sandhya so that my son will perform it & he
does perform.
I want to say that age is not important as long as shraddha is there to do the
sandhya.
In maharashtra,brahmins invariably perform the upanayanam at the age of seven
but you may hardly find anybody doing the sandhya.
dasan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WwRTUD/SOnJAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM