You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00092 Feb 2005

Dear Bhagavatas:
This discussion has been going on for too long.
The best solution is to consult our Acharyas.
It is beeter to avoid speculations and personal opinions.
This will be the last posting on the subject, unless someone comes up with
anauthoritative instruction from our Acharyas.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Moderator

Dear Swamin(i)s,

In our culture, we have many male devotees with dasa suffix

Kabir Das
Tulasi Das
Sur Das
Purandara Dasaru
Kanaka Dasaru
Dasan of adiyen-Dasan (Popular among Srivaishnavas)
and rarely such a suffix for female devotees
(Meera Bai, Akka Mahadevi, Avvayar etc)

Thus we are inventing the norms here.
We have a great opportunity to do it in the most appropriate way.
Given that opportunity, why create confusion by using Dasan for women?
There is one Naidu Amma, a man with female name.
That is confusing enough.

Some suggestions are:
Dasin
Sevaki