You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2005

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00103 Feb 2005

22.2.2005

Om Namo Narayanaya

I thank each and every one of you who have responded
promptly for my request regarding conducting of
Upanayanam at Tirumala for my son.  Please do not take
it otherwise as I have not emailed anybody separately
for this overwhelming response.  I have passed on all
the info sent to me to my father at Srirangam and
b-in-law at Chennai.

Now one more request -  My elder brother had expired
last month.  Since he did not have any son (only
daughter), I performed the last rites by taking PILLU
from my Manni.  I am also doing MAASYAMS every month
in the similar way.  Now we have to do VARUSHAPDIGAM
next month.  As there is no Tengalai Vadhyar (as the
only Vadagali Vadhyar in Kolkata is not familiar with
BODHAYANAM MANTRAMS), we have to depend on Sastrigal
for my Avanti Avittam and this one year's conducting
of MAASYAMS.  According to my father, we do not have
to spend anything for DHAANAMS etc now as we had done
so on twelvth day of my brother's death.  He says it
is enough if we do just like yearly SRARTHAM.  But the
Sastrigal insists on DHAANAMS etc and he is talking of
sin etc if we do not give DHAANAM again.  Can any one
of you please elaborate on this.  Accordingly, I can
explain to Sastrigal.  For three days i.e. OONA
MAASYAM, SOTHAGAM AND VARUSHAPDIGAM he is demanding Rs
8,000/.  If we have to do certain DHAANAMs etc I think
the amount he is asking very exorbitant.  He has asked
for some VESHTIS, SOMBU etc, which we have informed
him will be brought from Srirangam.  I will be very
much thankful for throwing light on this.

I might not have spelt certain Tamizh words, for which
I may please be excused.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan
Muralidharan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/UwRTUD/UOnJAA/i1hLAA/VkWolB/TM