You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00075 Feb 2006

Dear Sriman Sudarshan,

If you don't mind the Bible calling you a heathen, eternally condemned
to hell
if you don't accept Jesus and only Jesus as the truth and the way,
fine.
I certainly mind, that is my call; just as your call to ignore that!
Just ask the authentic followers of the Bible (not Gandhi or RK mission
or confused desis) they will tell you the great truth it teaches you
(You don't need the first two lines or the fourth line, upadexanti te
gnAnam!).

I certainly have nothing to do with a Book which tells me that my
ancestors
including Nathamuni, Yamunamuni- all before them
and after them (such as Ramanujacharya, Swami Deshikar et al.,
who did not convert) are eternally in hell.

>>I believe there are plenty indeed to be found in all the great
religious scriptures of the world.... including the Bible. <<

Certainly there are. I have read every word of the Bible
and the Koran (the two staring to steer us!).
So why believe? I know you can read;
so it can be a matter of fact for you that they have
good things in them. That is not the point.
Do you believe that you may find something great
in them which you have not found in your own?
Do you know that they are (lot more) serious about their religion.
You take it all or leave it all. I will not mix them in the religious
context (I am not a Gandhian or running for
office in India or anywhere, or waiting to be called
what a good guy I am- atta boy!).
Remember, when you look at scriptures which people swear by,
you watch out more so for what is bad in them. After all we will not be
hurt by what is good in them!

If you still want to hold on to your conviction, who am I to say
it is incorrect. But the good news for you is that majority of
Hindus (Indians) are with you- that is also the sad part!

dAsan

K.S. tAtAchAr