You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2007

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00099 Feb 2007

Fantastic posts!  It is a very pleasant coincidence that as I was mulling over one of TyAgarAja's compositions, I had a similar reflection in my mind - How Raama gave an opportunity to Kousalya and others by taking naraavataara (AtmAnam mAnusham manyE)!

The song I was thinking about is

shrIrAma raghurAma shrngArarAmayani | chintimparAde O manasA ||

TaLuku Chekkula muddu beTTu kousalyamunu
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

DasharathuDu shrIrAma rArayani pilvamunu
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

tanivAra paricharya sEya soumitri munu
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

tanavEnTa chanajUchi yupponga koushikuDu munu
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

tApambaNagi rUpavati youTakahalya
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

dharmAtmu charaNambusOka shivu chApambu
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

tana tanayanosagi kanulAra gana janakunNDu
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

daharambu karaga karamunu baTTa jAnaki
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

tyAgarAjApta yani pogaDa nAradamouni
TapamEmi Jeseno Teliya ||

The penance by all these people was having ultimate faith, bharanyAsa in shrIrAma!  He Himself came down to earth in "person", to give them an opportunity to pamper Him, call Him in person, serve Him, lead Him to the woods, be touched by His feet, to perceive Him, to hold His hands, to praise Him!

Thank you very much for sharing your scholarship with students like us through the web!

adiyen,
dAsI