You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00008 Feb 2008

Dear Sriman Vasudevan,

Thanks for interesting information on the top
ten mahiSHis of Krishna.
I don't think the four armed form shown to Lakshmanaa
is same as  Vishvaroopam, because we see in the following
shloka from BG chapter XI-46, where Arjuna requests
him to return to as before (to teh four armed form).

ki-rI-Ti-nam ga-di-nam cha-kra-ha-stam
i-chcHA-mi tvAm dra-SHTu-ma-ham ta-thai-va |
te-nai-va rU-pe-Na cha-tu-rbhu-je-na
sa-ha-sra-bA-ho bha-va vi-shva-mU-rte ||XI-46||

I wish to see You as before,  O thousand armed one,
and  the one who has taken the Universal Form;
kindly assume that four-armed form wearing crown,
wielding mace and discus.

dAsan

K.S. tAtAchAr

Yahoo! Groups Links