You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Feb 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00108 Feb 2008

 SrI:

 Dear Sri Ranganatha BhakthAs:

 I am delighted to relay the good news from
 Srirangam about the completion of the renovation
 of Lord RanganAthA's  16 Pilalred Vasantha Mantapam .

 This Kaimakaryam was started on Feb 10 and
 has been completed in ~Sixteen days .We came under
 the budget estimate (45K Rs expenditure versus
 estimate of 50K Rs.) .

 Here are the details on what has been done:

 1) All the plants , creepers and trees that had grown
 on the roof and ramparts have been removed to
 the roots . Additional renovation includes :

 2) 1204 square feet roof area has been covered with
 burnt lime ( SuNNAmbu) and red brick powder for
 strength and longevity .

 3) Another layer of painting with mixed material of red oxide,
 Cement and special oil has been applied as reinforcer of
 the first layer of painting .

 4) 650 Square feet of outside walls have recieved new cement
 after removal of disfigured old layers of cement .

 5) Weather caused distortions at the joints of granite
 slabs have been lined up with application of new bonding
 cement . The inner ceiling has been painted over to protect
 against humidity and moisture related problems .

 6) Disfigured joints have been removed and recemented .

 7) The water tank on top of the mantapam has been cleaned .

 8) A yellow layer of Painting has been applied for aesthetics .

 As Sri Murali Battar states in the mail below ,
 this Mantapam is resplendent now to recieve the visit
 of Lord RanganathA during His 18 visits during each year  .
 Sriman Murali Battar observes that this Mantapam
 " has become very elegant among all Mantapams ".

 My personal Thanks to all of You ( Arangan ThirumuRRatthu
 adiyArkaL)  for joining in this Kaimkaryam for our BhUlOka-
 VaikunTha Naathan , Sri RanganAthan . We will release soon
 a new e-book in our Ahobilavalli series (Sri RangarAja
 Sthavam : Volume I of Five ) to commemorate this occasion .

 KulasEkhara Padi Kaimkaryam starts

 The KulasEkhara Padi Kaimkaryam inside the Garbha
 Gruham is about to start  now with the measurements by
 the Silver Smith on March 4 . We will use 15 Kilo Grams of
 Silver to create the new KulasEkhara Padi to replace
 the current worn-out Padi .

 Final Appeal
 ****************
 Most of the samarpaNams are in now except for a few
 from those who pledged  and wished to take part in
 this rare Kaimakryam to our Lord . May I request
 you to contact me to complete the last 5 to 10 percent
 of assembling the samarpaNams to have all the funds
 needed for this Mahaa Kaimkaryam ? Thank you .

 We will keep the fund raising open for another
 7-10 days at the most .

 NamO SrI RanganAthAya ,
 Daasan , V.Sadagopan