You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00008 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavata,

We should always refer to the authorized scriptures to
get a solution to such an argument.

Let us see what Lord Krishna assures us in the
Bhagavad Gita.

"Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender
unto Me. I'll deliver you from all the sins. Do not
'FEAR'."

Once we are born in this material world, we are sure
to commit sins, but due to the grace of the
Bhagavathas we will be able to understand our eternal
position. When we understand that we are not this body
but spirit soul and our duty is to surrender and serve
the Supreme Lord, our daily activities will change and
we will avoid commiting sins. When you surrender to
Sriman Narayana who is the source and abode of all the
spiritual and material worlds, you need not fear. It
is just like a young child asking a father, please
help me and the father will really help the child by
protecting him. Just like that, if we really surrender
ourselves to Him, He will really protect us from
commiting sins.

You are right when you say 'just because we have faith
it is not that we can do any thing as we like. We
should have the fear not to do any wrong things.'-
When you deeply analyse this statement, you can
understand that no devotee of the Lord wants to commit
sins. When you have faith and are devoted to Narayana,
you'll surely follow His teachings according to the
Bhagavad Gita and other scriptures by the acharyas.
When you strictly follow these scriptures and
surrender unto Him, the fear that you will commit sins
will no longer be there. In the advanced stage, you'll
not have time to think about this fear because you'll
be thinking of the Lord 24 hours a day. There is no
place for any other thought in your mind except the
Supreme Lord.

Moreover, it is natural for you to fear commiting sins
as you are a devotee of the Lord. The devotees of the
Lord should be always careful that he never commits
any sin. The devotees of the Lord do not want to
commit sins because they love Him. If you have such a
fear, it is NOT the normal fear found everywhere. It
is a symptom that you are following 'Bhakti-Yoga'. The
devotees want to be very careful in their life so that
they can love Him. So, still you are following
'Bhakti-Yoga'. This is the greatness of the Supreme
Lord and the Bhagavad Gita.

"One who performs his duty without attachment,
surrendering the results unto the Supreme Lord, is
unaffected by sinful action, as the lotus leaf is
untouched by water". - Bhagavad-gita (5.10)

I hope this has answered your query. Please feel free
to write back for further clarification.

Ramanuja Dasan,

Kishan.