You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00080 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SRIMATHE BHOOMIDEVI SAMETHA SRINIVASA PARABHRAMANE NAMAHA
SRIMATHE NIHAMANTHA MAHA DESIKAYA NAMAHA

OHM DHANUR DHARAYAI VITHMAHE
SARVA SIDHYAI CHA DHEEMAHI
THANNO DHARA PRASODHAYATH

OHM SRI ABAYAHASTHAYA VITHMAHE
PRASANNA VADHANAYA DHEEMAHI
THANNO OPPILLA APPA PRASODHAYATH
Dear Captain Desiakn, Suresh, Venkat, v ayyangar,
Adiyen thought of sharing our experience with all the Srivaishnavites after seeing the enthusiasm amongst all the Srivaishnavites to Renovate and Maintain all our DivyaDesams. Adiyen is extremely happy that our KULADEIVAM LORD UPPILIAPPA blessed us and GUIDED the Kainkarya Sabha to carry out the renovation of a nearly 400 years old temple in our native village Poundarigapuram. Our Acharyas Srimath Poundarigapuram Andavan Swamigal, The Jeer of Ahobhila Mutt and Srimath Andavan Swamigal blessed us stating that the renovation when completed will be better than what has been planned. Our Acharyas' BLESSINGS and Guidance helped us immensely. To evoke a good response from the people of the village we first started cleaning up of the Temple which was in a dilapidated condition. We repaired the doors and compound wall and carried out other minor works. We also dug a hand bore well to supply water to the Temple. This created a good will amongst the village folk and they also started helping us in the cleaning works. We also started Thirumanjanam of Moolavar Perumal and adorning the Deitees with new Vasthrams. With enough interest kindled and fairly good amount of work done in cleaning etc (which kept away the stray cattle and bats) we decided to form the Kainkarya Sabha. Representatives from persons of Poundarigapuram origin and the present residents were taken as office bearers and members of the Sabha. The Sabha was duly registered under the societies act. Members from the present residents were important persons of the village like president, post master etc. (Trouble makers can also be made the members of the executive committee to keep them from making trouble in future.) We also submitted an application to the Govt authorities of HRE dept through the executive officer looking after the temple. We then started the most important work of collecting donations. We collected the addresses of all Sri Vaishnavites of Poundarigapuram Origin and sent them letters, mails and spoke to them over the phone. We also contacted all the Vaishnavites through NAMA in Singapore and USA. We also contacted the Vaishnavite groups in middle east. We were a little nervous in the beginning having taken up this important and holy task. We understood that LORD UPPILIAPPAN IS GUIDING AND HELPING US when we received a mail from Sri Vasan a Vaishnavite Devotee from USA asking for details through mail. He then spoke to us and said that he is not interested in donation but would like to do a project. He took upon himself to finance the Renovation of Thayar Sannadhi. Then we understood that THE DIVINE HAND OF LORD UPPILIAPPAN IS HELPING AND GUIDING us and we were sure that the Renovation will be completed successfully. THE ACHARYAS ALSO BLESSED US. With funds flowing from all over the world the work picked up and reached its full peak with the construction of Front Mandapam, Uppiliappan Ezhuntharulum Mandapam, Madapalli, Muttham and compound wall. Balalayam was then performed and the renovation of Thayar and Perumal Sannadhis and Raja Gopuram was taken up. The forming of the Silpams took quite some time as it is a slow process job and there are only a few Silpis available to do it. Samprokshanam, Mandalabhisheka Poorthy etc went off well. Dhanur masa poojas have just been completed with a Thirumanjanam on Pongal Day. Again Sri Vasan contributed for making all the items required like Simmasanam etc for Samprokshnam. With the above experience adiyen is of the opinion that Vaishnavites who have these Divya Desams as origins have to be identified and they should be asked to form Kainkarya sabhas with representation from the present residents. The present residents should actually supervise and ensure that the work is carried out satisfactorily. They will be interested because lot of money will be spent in the place or village where the temple is located and that generates enough jobs and revenues to the local people. A corpus fund can be formed by all of us and donations collected. One or two Divya Desam temple should be taken at a time and after completion of the work the next project can be taken up. We should also ensure that enough money is kept deposited to ensure Nithya Aradhani in the Temples thus renovated. The Kainkarya Sabha has deposited some amount in the post office in Poundarikapuram for carying out Nithya Aradhanai and also has started the Nithya Aradhani Kattalai scheme. A quarters is a must for the Bhattachar. If revenue position improves we can think of other facilities for the Bhattachar. The interest from the amount deposited is taking care of the salary of the Bhattachar. We hope to construct the quarters also shortly. Local people are now regularly going to the temple. Ladies throng on Saturdays to Hanuman Sannadhi. Adiyen thought of sharing our experience which will help all of us in Renovating our Divya Desam Temples and maintain them in future.
With Warm Regards,
dasan
Poundarigapuram Elanagar Madabhusi Srinivasan Lakshminaryanan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list