You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00183 Jan 2002

Jan 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Here is my humble opinion why Bible or quran may not
considered as authentic as the Vedic and Agamic
literatures.

1. The vedas/Agamas have been preserved for milions of
years on this planet in their authentic form.

2. The vedas are sruti and are eternal. The word used
is nisvasitam or life breath of Lord Narayana. At the
begining of creation they were imparted to Lord Brahma
by Sriman Narayana directly in his heart. Then through
the parampara system it has been preserved on this
planet for eons. Also while the Vedas exist in sound
form here on earth (sabda-brahman) they exist in a
manifest form in Brahmaloka.

3. Since the vedas are sound energy manifestion of
Brahman they are called sabda-brahman. By chanting the
mantras in correct intonation the power can be
experienced directly. One can have a vision of
supernatural forces also, if one is pure enough.
The same cannot be said about chanting bible or quran.

4. Bible and quran do not have as strong a tradition
of preservation as the vedas. The original bible is
said have been written in various languages like
Syriac, Aramaic, Hebrew etc. Jesus himself spoke
Aramaic. It was later translated to Greek. From Greek
to Latin. From Latin to Medieval English. From
Medieval English to Modern English. God knows how much
of the original "revelation" has been lost in the
translation. Mohammed composed his quran largely on
the basis of the bible. He translated portions of it
to Arabic. Nothing original here.

5. The vedas describe the supreme being as being
3-fold- Brahman, Bhagavan and Paramatman. Brahman is
his impersonal, all pervading, infinite form. As
Paramatman he is situated in the lotus of the heart in
every living being. As Bhagavan he is the supreme
personal god Narayana full of glorious attributes.
Nowhere in the bible or quran do we find such complete
information on the supreme being. All we find are some
vague speculations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

rohit

--- Simhesvara dasa <simhes2001@xxxx> wrote:
> We could probably ask why rohit considers Quaran and
> Bible as nonsense when they do speak of GOD.
>
> Simhes

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com