You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00101 Jan 2004

Jan 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Swamin,
On going through your mail I am sure it must be from Acharya Madhva which is
known as VSN Bhashya by SathyaSandha. While I will acquire a copy I like to
share the following:

In several texts I have come across attempts have been for translation and
explanation with respect to Sanskrit(?) but Bhattar's is beyond language. For
example the name 'MahAksha' which literally means one with large/big eye(s) as
found several Bhaashyaas. please look at Bhattar's view point.

'Aksha' literally means the axle, a part of chariot.
Here it is used to denote chariot itself by a figure of speech known as
'synecdoche'.
Mahaaksha is none other than Garuda i.e vedas embodied.
Source: BhagavadguNadarpana= adoptation in english by Sri.Sathyamurthy Ayyangar

This is only tip of the iceberg. Bhattar's work is just marvellous, more so for
those who are knowledgeble in Sanskrit.

Happy reading
Regards,
Garudadwajan

mgv@xxxxxxxxxx:

> Dear sri vaishNava perunthagaiyeer,
>
> This is in continuation of Sri Sadagopan swamy's mail.
>
> yesterday i read in the Hindu news paper about this new book being made
> available in the market.
>
> Vishnu nama sahasrakam [with meanings in Sanskrit and English according
> to thathva saara]
>
> copies can be had from
> Sri K.Sripada rao
> flat FOB  - fourth floor flat B
> 12 Jethnagar first main road
> Raja annamalaipuram
>  chennai 600028
>
> price Rs. 100/-
>
> since it is said the commentary is based on thathvasaara,
> i presume it is based on Sri madhvacharya's commentary named
> thathvasaara.
>
> [ i presume so since i have not come across this name 'thathvasaara' so
> far ].
>
> Ths mail is with the intention of sourcing one more ref book for persons
>
> who refer more than one commentary to get more in depth analysis of
>  the naamaas and enjoy the lord's glories.
>
> dhasan
>
> vasudevan m.g.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Still single? Click here to find the perfect match.

http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?141

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM