You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00014 Jan 2008

Jan 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Shriyai namaha
Four more chapters have been added and the earlier chapters of the
book by Pi Sri will be removed in a couple of days.
I thank all the members who have written to me in private emails
encouraging this effort of sharing this book with this forum.
I do ask them to post their thoughts about Sri Ramanujar as portrayed
in the book.
It seems to me that the author has done extensive research as well on
the dates of incidents and so on and so forth.
But, what jumps out at us is the extreme affection Sri Ramanujar had
on all his followers and also those who were not his followers- and
this extended to the enemies who tried to kill him! It seems to me
that he was - and is- like a true mother who adores each of her
children. He observed viratams, taught, was affectionate, forgave and
corrected with love when needed and discussed anything and everything
with his followers, and each and everyone had a special place in his
heart what enveloped everyone with boundless love - and he did all
this for all of us. And this came to him like a mother- it flowed
naturally and spontaneously. It just boggles my mind as to what kind
of experience this must have been for everyone who were his
contemporaries and his sishyas and his gurus! It is no wonder that
Bhattar who had thriuvaruL of Thayar, NamperumaL and Ramanujar called
him 'idhatthaai'.
And Bhattar says that the first 'mother' is Nammazhvar who was the
'birth mother', but Ramanujar did much more since he was the
'comforting' mother, who really reared  - as 'idhatthaai'!
shreemathe naaraayaNaaya namaha
Bhattar, Ramaujar tiruvadigaLe charaNam

PS I do have another set of articles by Pi Sri which he wrote in
sudeasamithran- I don't know when- prabandach cholaiyil Ramanujar- but
these are still in a collection of sudesamithran's original weekly,
torn,collected and bound from the magazine - Does anyone know how to
scan this and share with this forum without damaging the original?
I will be grateful for any input, because I do want to share this as
well.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional