You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00096 Jan 2008

Jan 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:
Dearest all,

Using his mind, speech, AzhwAr performs Thirumanjanam
(sacred bathing) for the Lord in the next two verses.
First verse on Rama avatharam and the latter verse is
on various avathArams.

munpolA irAva NanRan
 muthumathi Lilangkai vEviththu,
anpinA lanuman van^thaaNG
 katiyiNai paNiya ninRArkku,
enpelA muruki yukkit
 tennutai nenca mennum,
anpinAl NYAna neer_koN
 tAttuva Nnatiya NnEnE.          15

mun- during thrEtha yuga,
anumAn ? Hanuman who had gone as a messenger for Rama
polA- the pollaadhavan (cruel rAkshasa)
rAvaNanthan ? Ravanan?s
mudhu vegu kaalatthiya mathiL ilankai- lanka city -
the place where precious objects were kept in lanka
city surrounded by tall ramparts
vEvitthu ? was crushed and burnt to ashes;
aangu- there in rishyamukha mountain;
anbinaal ? with intense and fullest love
adi iNai ? (at) the pair of lotus feet
paNiya ? (when he) prostrated
ninRaaRkku ? Rama who stood with awe and admiration
(of his devotee)
adiyanEn ? this daasa bhoothan (eternal servant of
Yours)- I
enbu elaam ? with all my bones
urugi- melt due to the immersion of anubhavams
(enjoyment)
ukkittu- losing its form
ennudaiya ? ignoring and not considering the body
losing the form, I, who is His property,
nenjam ennum anbinaal- with fullest love in my heart
jnAna neer koNdu- using the pure waters of jnAna (of
my eternal dAsathvam and sEshathvam-servitude to
SarvEshwaran)
aattuvan ? would perform Thirumanjanam (sacred bath)

For the lady who had come considering me as
everything, when Raamaa had melted and languished
searching for her, and to save her; wondering what to
do, Hanuman went to lankA city as a messenger of
Raamaa, he stepped into the city, which is surrounded
by tall ramparts, well- protected, by placing his left
foot, and burnt the city to ashes. Even though Rama
had melted, now there is a chance for Asritha
rakshaNam and hence did not completely melt; (urvaagi
ninRaan). I, the eternal servant of such greatest
Asritha rakshakan, Sarva Swami, Lord Sri Raamaa,
languish for Him and my body and bones started melting
with such a longing and languhsing for Him. But when I
was blessed the jnAnam to think of His rakshakathvam,
Swamithvam, Vaathsalyathvam and Seshithvam vis-à-vis
my eternal seshathvam, and enjoyed His kalyANa guANas
as SitA Rama. My love for Him flowed from my heart.
That love alone nbecame the nutrient and instrument
for my jnAnam in the lines of ?bhakthyA saasthrAth
vEdmi janArdhanam?. The jnAnam (preethi poorva
bhagavad anubhava janitha) became the pure waters that
would be used for the sacred bath of my Lord in my
heart. Similar to Namaazmhwaar, poosum saandhu en
nenjamE?, AzhwAr also considers his heart and the
jnANam therein as the thirumanjana theertham.

Sri Satakopan Swami adds:  Azhwaar is in an exalted
mood of offering Kainkaryam to the Lord. He thinks of
incidents related to the Vibhava Avatharams of the
Lord. He offers first Snaana Alankaram and then
Garland alankaram. In the 15th pasuram, he thinks of
Ramaavatharam and the incidents of Sundara Khandam.
Azhwaar says that he conducted Thirumanjanam
(Snaanaalankaram) for the Lord with that perfumed
water constituted by Divya Jnanam.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana