You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2009

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00053 Jan 2009

Jan 2009 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhaagavatas

Please see the query of Pasdmakant posted separately.

As the saying ghoes, "Koil illaa ooril kuDi irukka vENDaam", there is
nothing wrong in constructing new temples. In fact, when I first came
to the US way back in the 1980s, perhaps, the only temple known was
that of Pittsburgh Sri Venkateswara Temple. Today, temples have
cropped up in almost every county (equivalent to municipality in
India) satisfying the spiritual aspirations of local communities.

Having said that, I agree with Padmakant and feel that instead of
engaging on constructing newer temples, our FIRST PREFERENCE should
be to devote our attention to numerous Divyadesams consecrated by
Azhwar saints but which are today languishing for funds even for
Vastram, Deepam and Neivedhyam etc not to speak of Nitya Araadhana
and Desaantri feeding in such temples.

In the recent past, as directed by asmad Acharyan, Srimad Andavan,
Poundarikapuram Swami Asramam, I have renovated the Dwajasthambam
with copper plating and Red Oxide coating et al, of Tiru Anbil temple
and arranged for distribution of Desaantri prasadams for devotees
visiting the temple from far off places.

I have already identified at least 5 or 6 such Divyadesams and posted
in the Internet groups and I am donating the entire sale proceeds of
books published by me to this noble cause.

Renovation of Brindavans, raising funds for routine events like
Chaturmasyams etc.which are common to Acharyas of all Mutts and
Ashramams (worthy by themselves), may be put on the backburner
AT LEAST FOR NOW UNTIL THE NEGLECTED DIVYADESAMS ARE RESTORED TO
THEIR ORIGINAL GLORY.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me at
ramanbil@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy

Home Page