You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2009

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00112 Jan 2009

Jan 2009 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavathas,

JAI SREEMANNARAYANA

We are blessed with this DARSHAN of Lord Ranganatha at SRIRANGAM YESTERDAY (12-jan-2009). We are so pleased and chagred with devotion, that I wish to give a small account of the events and share the experience with fellow devotees.

We are staying at a place called ARIYALUR about 60 km away from Lord at SRIRANGAM for the last four years. The proximity of SRIRANGAM is one of the points for moving to this place on a JOB change. I always get more energy from the the DARSHAN of Lord Ranganatha and Srirangam Temple and I visited SRIRANGAM more than 50 times, every time fresh and one more new thing coming to light.

The journey is via KEELAPALUR - DALMIYAPURAM - LALGUDI by car. Oflate Tamilnadu Government repaired the roads in this area and the journey was not tiring. These are days of VAIKUNTHA EKADASI, that are celebrated 20 days at SRIRANGAM as 10 days Pagal patthu (before EKADASI) and 10 days Rapatthu (after EKADASI). We are hesitant and afried of large CROWDS as our age and strength does not permit us for more than 3 hours of standing or waiting. I enquired local people and friends, when it would be optimal to visit. One friend Mr. Raman from SRIRANGAM suggested to visit during RAPATTHU, during which PARAMA PADA VASAL is open. These northen doors of temples are open on VAIKUNTHA EKADASI DAY and remain open until RAPATTHU is over.

With this thought and Lord Ranganatha in mindset and expecting all possible pleasant surprises on the way we stated at 3.30 PM and reached 5.15 PM.

The first ray of energy hits us when we see THE RAJA GOPURAM of SRIRANGAM TEMPLE, while we are nearing and crossing the river KOLLIDAM (north KAVERI). The mood is set as if we are nearing VAIKUNTHAM. Soon we arrived north side near THAYAR SANNITHI and entered temple premises thru PARAMAPADA VASAL.

On one side wall of the VASAL we see Paintings of GARUDALWAR (Veda swarupan) and the other side is GAJENDRA moksham. This is first time I noticed, as I submitted earlier every time you go you see some thing new. I was pleased and moved towards sanctum. On both sides of the central enclave there are huge crowds waiting giving us lot of uncertaininty, whether we can have DARSHAN or not. We submitted to GOD's will and joined the line Rs 50 paid SEVAI.

The second ray of devine strentgh enters us, that is THIRUPPAVAI PASUMS of MLV from the high towers of Eastern gopuram). I was confident as there darshan upto 9 pm and we reached well in advance. I was narrating some pleasing stories and great concepts of ALWARS to my betterhalf and fellow waiters. The queue moved and just when I am about to buy tickets "THE COUNTER CLOSED". It was abou 5.45 PM and the officer again it will open at 6 O clock. Many were waiting.

About half an hour later the police announced all can go back and come nextday at 6 AM as the croed inside was huge and will last for more than 9 PM.

I was denied DARSHAN of Lord RANGANATHA by some circumstances and was helpless. All my efforts gone waste and a strange feeling "what is mistake I did? that Lord Ranatha is angry on me?" I am not enough devoted. With all my inner strengths down to minimum levels, I pleaded all the office bearers arround and asked for allowing me and my wife. But they have their own difficulties and problems, which I can understand as civlized person, but can not accept. the only WISH is "His darshan should be there by any miracle". BUT NO. we left the sanctum and walking towards THAYAAR sannidi thrrough south gate. Some police on duty were there. We again pleaded a police man was standing there explaining our difficulties and our wish for LORD RANGANATHA DARSHAN. The MUTTHANGI SEVAI is only for few days and we have no option to stay at SRIRANGAM.

This man (Lord RANGANATHA in him) listened and went to his superior boss. He explained in Tamil and the superior also wanted to help us.
THINGS HAPPENED FAST AND PLEASANT. LORD'S "APAARA KARUNA" IS ON US. PROVED ONCE AGAIN. WE HAD THE DARSHAN in just 5 minutes. Two eyes are not sufficient to see Him - strting from His lotus feet to His abhaya Hastam. We saw again, again, again and AGAIN. There was no time to submit "my list of wishes". Again the pressure of queue was high and we had to leave the sanctum, giving way to other devotees.

The full strength of His divine BLISS is back in us and we wish to go Srirangam AGAIN. I paryed for me, my family and all Bhagavathas. This place, where Lord lives is undoubtedly BHULOKA VAIKUNTHAM. Imagine how real VAIKUTHAM will be and why ALWARS never want a seperation from LORD RANGANATHA.

I appologize to call many persons waiting in the premises as CROWD, there are infact devotees more storger than me and more commited to Lord's DARSAN. However the word CROWD conveys a contextual meaning.

This small account of my DARSHAN might please you - you might wish t see Him - or atleast do not get dis hartened when small problems come on the way. Lord Ranganatha shall bless all of you - your families - friends and ALL.

WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST ON THE OCCASSION OF SANKRANTHI - Successful completion of THIRUPPAVAI and Goda Kalyanam

~ Ever humble to all devotees - Peesaapti V V S Chari
~ Web site - http://srirangam.etemples.net

P V V S Chari

Rediff Shopping

Home Page