You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2009

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00223 Jan 2009

Jan 2009 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy the acharyaâs glories. In our tradition, Acharya is
equal to God if not more than Him.

We mediate on ShaTaari, (NammAzhwAr) whose garland of VakuLa flowers gets its
fragrance exuded into the fluent flow of poetry - a work of literature at which
the Vedas, having been tired of imparting codes of life, even ineffectively,
can safely rest and relax now, since AzhwAr's works will suffice and do the
same job more effectively!

MaathA pithA yuvatayas tanayA vibhUthis-
sarvam yathEva niyamEna madhanvayAnAm
Aadhayasya Na: KulapathEr VakuLAbhirAmam
Srimath Tadhangri yugaLam praNamAmi MoordhnA

--SthOthra Rathnam of AaLavandhAr: SlOkam 5

For my vasmam, the feet which always are the Mother, Father, the spouses, the
children; the wealth, the bhOgyam (pleasure); those feet of our Kula pathi Sri
NammAzhwAr, wearing magizha maalai (garland of magizha flowers).. I prostrate
to those lotus feet.

Mother takes care of us sacrificing all her pleasures.. moonRu bhuvanatthu
porul muRRUm kodutthu yEnRa vazhipaadhu iyaRRidinum en thaay oru naaL
vaLartthathaRkku iyaiayAvE... says one poet .. Even if one pays back the three
worlds at the feet of oneÂÂs mother, it does not equate to one day of her
taking care of us. So great are they. Father takes us in his arms, teaches us,
disciplines us..

During youth and later, the spouse takes care of us like the mother and
father and is loving, caring .. At old age and even after death, the children
pave the way for alleviating pains (with pithru tharpaNam..)

Sri NammAzhwAr stood in all these places as bandhus and bhOgam as well for my
lineage (meaning right from nathamuni- janma vamsam and vidhyA vamsam). He is
Kula pathi (Srivaishnava kula pathi) for having initiated and blessed
(Alavandharâs) my grand father Sri Nathamuni with jnAnam and with 4000. He is
the prapanna jana santhAna kUTashthar.

Swami Desika in Sloka 4 of his Yatiraja Saptadhi pays homage to Nammalwar
thus:-

Yasya Saaraswatham Srotho Vakula Modha Vaasitham |
 Sruteenaam Visramaaya Alam Sataarim Thum Upaasmahe ||

Vishwaksena taught the esoteric meanings to Nammalwar. Therefore, our next
Acharya is Nammalwar. His words carry the fragrance of the Maghizha flowers.
His Arulicheyals like Tiruvoimozhi is a flood of nectar that flows in chaste
Tamil to instruct with clarity these meanings contained in the Vedas to benefit
everyone irrespective of caste etc. Because his Sri Sooktis perform the work of
all the Vedas put together more efficiently, the Vedas can now go to take rest.
We will constantly meditate on Nammalwar who blessed us with such glorious Sri
Sooktis

JagadhAchAryan ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana