You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jul 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00057 Jul 2001

Jul 2001 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

> If i want to convert audio tapes as MP3 files, What acessories and
> I need.

Dear Sri Narayanan,

Though you addressed this to somebody else, since it was posted in a
common forum adiyEn takes it that anybody can pitch in. This might
not be directly relevant to you but anyways I thought its the right
place to address the following.

First accessory one needs to convert a commercial tape to any other
format is an **approval from the original source** for doing so.
Irrespective of the profits they make out of it,we should acknowledge
that they have taken some efforts in its production. We come across
many cases where ,more out of enthusiasm, we infringe copyright
issues. This discourages the miniscule few who still try to release
recordings related to the sampradAyam.

Equally discouraging it is to see many bhaktAs using freely
photocopied materials of stotra malas, sahsranamam, prabhandam etc..,
during the gatherings. Surprisingly this is more common outside
India. Gone are the days when it is difficult to eOrder these texts.
They are easily available, cheap and of course not heavy to carry (Do
we ever see a Christian carrying a photocopied Bible?) since the car
does it for us.

Our small acts would mean a lot to publishers like LIFCO. Sri
Varadhan of LIFCO is accessible via email and is very prompt in
responding to our eOrders.

My sincere apologies if I had gone overboard.

With Kindest Regards
Rajagopalan, Srinivasan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia