You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jul 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00244 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

As the great acharyan ( srimad andavan) said all namas direct only to sriman
narayana. We, the samsaris on earth, are called " MishrayAgis" unlike
"SomayAgis" in swetadweepam. We are called so as our mantras have rudrams etc
still all the mantras are on emperuman only and not on anyone else. One rishi
says that all these mantras like rudram are aimed at the antaryami sriman
narayana only! But Jaimini goes ahead fantastically to say " SakshAt api "
jaminihi! That is namas like rudra etc when analysed for their actual meaning
indicates directly only sriman Narayana. That is why the veda bhagams with
seemingly devathantra naamas HAS TO BE CHANTED by all including prapannas as it
is their DUTY. There is no deviation from the svanishta of a prapanna regarding
this. This is being asserted by swami desikan in krutakrutyaadhikaram in Srimad
Saram. So when one says "saavithriyai nama:" we can either think of antaryami
of savithri to whom the respect is being paid or without any effort simply
 UNDERSTAND what jaimini had said!!!

Here one question might arise. When we come across Rudra nama in veda we do not
discard it as it is vedas. then why does not a prapanna chant those names in
circumstances other than vedic or nithyakarmas ? This is forbidden by Swami
desikan with the strength of pramanas. Unless there is a situation like vedic
chanting/ nithya karma like sandhyavandanam, a prapanna does not employ those
namas! for example while sitting down instead of " madhava madhusoodana " he
does not say " Rudra siva " :))

AdiyEn,

Aravindalochanadasanudasan.

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dear Sri CS Lakshmi Narasimhan Swami,

adiyEn had observed at Srimad Poundarikapuram Ashramam and heard
from asmadhAchAryan His Holiness srimad PaRavaakkOttai Andavan Swami:

For every pradhOsham, in the ashramam, my father (who recites Veda
paarayanam at the ashramam in Srirangam daily both in the monring
and in the evenings) recites Rudram as ordained by Swami.

I was a bit puzzled and asked Swami as to why and how Rudram is
chanted during pradhOsham. He replied that every statement of Vedas-
including Rudram -implies only Sriman Narayanan; and if others think
that it is for some other by name Rudran, it is incorrect and an
illusion. It is but appropriate to chant Rudram by Srivaishnavas as
they always do recite for ages..  - was his reponse.

Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT