From: Vasan Sriranga Chari <vasan_chari_hk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: murali seshadri <muralims2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: srirangasri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; malolan_net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; acharya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; nama-singapore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; parakalamatham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ramanujamission@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; desikasampradaya @yahoogroups.com; bakthi-indonesia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 3:02 am
Subject: Re: Re: [SriRangaSri] Sriman nAThamuni Thirunakshathram- Let us prostrate at the lotus feet of unpar

SRIMATE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA,
Anything which contradicts the vedas should be rejected as vedas are apaurusheya i.e. not composed by any person.But the puranas are composed by rishis who are affected by three mayic gunas.when satva guna predominates,whatever they write is in tune with vedas whereas when the rajas & tamas gunas predominate their writings contradict the vedas & hence not acceptable.
Moreover,people are of 3 types according to the predominant guna.The rajasic & tamasic puranas are for rajasic & tamasic people.Hence one need not change or remove any passages from these puranas.In fact,
Veda vyasa himself has categorised the puranas into three according to the 3 gunas.

hence srivaishnavas have to follow the satvic puranas.

Das.  Â

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com