You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jul 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00112 Jul 2008

Jul 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Kannan Swamin,
As far i came to know from elders, Jarasandha was defeated 17 times by Lord Krishna and Lord Balarama.
Every time all entire army of Jarasandha was wiped out and he alone was let alive, so that he can regroup and came back with other asuras. Each time the asura army was vanquished. I was told that this is clearly given in Bhagavatham. So, the Lord was never defeated by Jarasandha.
Next, i heard that Veda Vyasa had written Mahabharatam and Srimad Bhagavatham. As far as other puranas are concerned they were just collated by him not wriiten by him. For example the purana ratnam, Vishnu Purana was written by Sage Parasara, who was the father Sage Veda Vyasa. Maybe enlightened members of the list would be able to clarify further on this.
Also, there are many instances where Siva was humbled by Lord Vishnu.
In one of the 18 puranas, i think brhma vaivarta, Lord Narasimha kills the Sarabha form of Siva and tears apart the sarabham. In bhagavatham and puranas, Lord Krishna defetas Shiva during the war with Banasura. Just worship our Lord, Alwars, Acharyas and bhagavathas.....

As Krishna quotes in BG
"Avajanati mamah mudah manusim tanumasritam !
Parambhavamjananti sarva bhuta mahesvaram !!

Dasan
Chaitanya