You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jul 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00135 Jul 2008

Jul 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear  AasthikAs :

adiyEn gets a lot of queries about AchAram , anushtAnam , theettu etc.  While adiyEn welcomes these questions , I always welcome clarifications from those , who are more close to PanchAngam construction and dharma Saastrams
than myself like Bruhaspathy Sri Vaasu VaadhyAr Swamy of Chennai , who is the Moderator of the Vaideekam group and also the constructor of ParandhAman PanchAngam . While I was debating about how to address these increasing needs and explain specific PanchAngam terms , it was providential that U.Ve. Nelvay SrI SowmiyanArAyaNacchAr Swamy's manuscript on the explanations of the various PanchAngam terms and the SrI VaishNavite calendar for the SarvadhAri Year crossed my desk. NelvAy Swamy has meticulously assembled invalble information for all of us to observe vrathams like EkAdasi , DwAdhasi , Jayanthis  and other functions . adiyEn found this compilation to be very useful and thought that it will be useful to many AasthikAs in conductance of their daily anushtAnams as practised by great AchAra SeelAs and anushtAthAs like GhOshtipuram Swamy .

SrI HayagrIvan likhita kaimkarya ghOshTi humbly presents therfore SrI VaishNava Dina Kurippu as the 13th eBook in SrI HayagrIvan series.  This small but very useful book is a compendium of nithya karmAnushTAnam details for SrI VaishNavas and has been meticulously compiled by NelvAy SrI Sowminarayanan Swami in Tamil.  The Book also contains the PanchAnga Sangraham for the SaravdAri Year.  We are announcing EBook 13 ahead of the others (Ebooks 9 to 12) in the series to enable the timely observations of rituals/festivals etc as set out in the PanchAngam incorporated in this eBook.  We will soon be announcing the release of Ebooks 9 to 12 of the series also. The ebooks from 9 through 12 will be on Swamy Desikan including ChillaRai Rahasyams and the Janma Nakshathram celebrations ( Purat5tAsi SravaNam) of Swamy desikan at Thiruvaheendhrapuram .

The links for Ebook # 13 are as below:

http://www.srihayagrivan.org/html/ebook013.htm

OR backup server

http://www.ibiblio.org/sadagopan/srihayagrivan/html/ebook013.htm

NOTE: Those having difficulty in accessing the books can press CTRL+F5 to clear their cache and reload the page.

For other eBooks and titles please browse:

www.srihayagrivan.org

www.ahobilavalli.org

www.sundarasimham.org

DaasOham , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan