You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jul 2008

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00153 Jul 2008

Jul 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
SrimathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:
Dearest all,
Oh youthful lady! Why are you madly in love with that grey haired purANa
purusha (oldest primordial Chief) of ThirunaRayoor (naRai Lord).. ? She utters
loudly of His most exquistite Beauty, His laavaNya, sowndharyam as well as His
love for the divine consorts and says that she would certainly visit all His
divya desams where He resides on His own accord in pristinely purest form.
kaarvaNNam thirumEni kaNNum vaayum
Âkaitthalamum adiyiNaiyum kamala vaNNam,
paarvaNNa madamangai pitthar pitthar
ÂpanimalarmEl paavaikkup paavam seythEn,
ErvaNNa enpEthai ensol kELaaL
Âemperumaan thiruvaranga mengE? ennum,
neervaNNan neermalaikkE pOvEn ennum
ÂithuvanRO niRaiyazhindhaar niRku maaRE?ÂÂÂ 18
yErvaNNam â most beautiful colored
en pEdhai- my small darling daughter;
en sol kELAL- will (or does) not listen to my words
paavam seydhEn- Thus- I have committed so many paapams (for me to see my
daughter suffer like this and listen to her these words)â

[and what she says is this:]
thirumEni- His divine body (Divya mangaLa vigraham) is
kaar vaNNam â is blue hued dark most beautiful one;
kaNNum vaayum kaitthalamum aDi iNaiyumâ the most beautiful large eyes, the
mouth, the limbs, and the pair of His Feet
kamalam vaNNam â are like freshly bloomed red lotus flowers
vaNNam madam paar mangai â the color and the feminity are aplenty in Goddess
Bhumi PiraaTTi (and on Her)
patthar- He is fond of; or is under control (of Her)
pani malar- on cool red lotus flower
mEl paavaikku â seated is the most divinely beautiful Sri Mahalakshmi and on
Her
pitthar- He is madly in with.
emperumAn â such greatest and wonderful Lord- Sarva Swami- My Lord
thiruvarangam engE- where is His divine place?- asks she
neervaNNan â the blue hued colored Lordâs
neer malaikku pOvEn- I will only go to His divine place Thiruneermalai divya
desam; - she is firm on.
Idhu anRo niRaivu azhindhaar niRkkum aaRu- Isnât the right way the women folk
(who are insistent upon damaging themselves) need to abide and stand firm on?
(I now udnerstand..)Â
Look at His divine form; Look at His divya mangaLa vigraham. What a color! What
a beauty! What a laavaNyam! And sowndharyam! See that alluring attraction and
charm of His divine form? How can one stay away from Him? My Lord is so
beautiful. Matching His youthful form and beauty are His divine consorts Sri
Mahalakshmi and Lakshmiâs priya sakhi Sri Bhumi PiraaTTi (Madhavim â
madhavapriyaam). She (Bhumi PiraaTTi) is His beloved.
It can be also read that the Mother (of Parakala nayaki) mentions these beauty
and then tells that her daughter is now asking where is His divya desam. It
could mean that the mother in law is admiring the son-in-lawâs majestic
beauty. (yEr vaNNam- my beautiful colored girl). When she starts off describing
her daughterâs beauty, it may mean that she can contune with son-in-lawâs.
Also patthar, pitthar- The Lord is madly in love with divine consorts. Here
there is bahu vachanam (plural). Hence it is uttered by mother in law and is
mentioned with respect. While the Parakala nayaki mentions neer vaNNan (in
singular ânâ. ) implies the love (naayaki) can address him in singular form
with loveâ
Or if it is uttered only by Parakala naayaki (for the whole verse), then when
praising Him, plural; and when scolding Him or blaming Him (for not saving
her), singularâ
She (mother) claims that she is a paapi for being blessed with such a daughter.
She in fact is proud of such a girl. She implies her pride in such words- say
purvahcaryas. Indeed, the mother of Parakala nayaki is blessedâ
Paar vaNNam â Bhumiâs devatha Bhooma devi (Bhoomi PiraaTTi);Â
AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan