You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2001

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00007 Jun 2001

Jun 2001 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavathas,

I have questions regarding the tradition of TheerthakArars in our
Temples.

1)Does this tradition date before Swami Ramanujar,or
did Swami Ramanujar introduce this during his Lifetime?

2)What are the basic functions/role of TherthakAras in Temples?Were they
bestowed with the rights due to their kAimkaryam and contribution
to the Temples or due to their Lineage or otherwise?.

3)Do have any role/say in the Temple Management/Affairs?

Thanks

adiyen Ramanuja dasan
Venkat S Iyengar

Home Page