You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00009 Jun 2004

Jun 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Vannakam,
>From today onwards i will be writing about various divyadeshams and if
>possible i will attaching the photo (jpg) format of the divya dampathies of
>the divya deshams

I pray my Periya Perumal and Piratti and divya dampathies of Thiru-Evul and
Perumal Koil and not to mention diyya dampathies of mambalam  MAHALAKSHMI
thayar sametha SATHYANARAYANA perumal  and my parents to enable me continue
this fully .

My First posting is on one my fav. Divya deshams THIRUVAHEENDRAPURAM

{Hemambujavalli thayar sametha Deivanayakan}

THIRUVAHEENDRAPURAM:

                           NIN VADIVAZHAGAI MARAVATHAR VIRAVATHARE

This Divya desham is mentioned in brahmandapurana, skandapurana, As per
skandapurana, devas pleaded for gods help when asuras defeated them. The lord
then used his sudarsana and destroyed all the asuras. Realising that paramatama
has come to their help, shiva who came to help asuras then surrendered. The
lord then gave darshan to shiva as " TRIMOORTHI SWAROOPA (Moovaragiya Oruvan)".
At the request of devas and rishis . The paramatma stayed here and took the
name DEVANATHAN . the archa avataram of SrIman Narayanan .. This kshetra is
called Tiru Aheendrapuram as it was conceived and constructed by adishesha .
Garuda and Adhishesha brought Viraja and Patala ganga threertams to this
kshetra . These are used for thriumanjanams and making prasadams (thaligai) for
the perumal ans thayar. The vimAnam is similar to the suddhasatva vimanam at
vaikuntam . Stone inscriptions in the temple refer to the deity as 'Ninraruliya
Mahavishnu' and 'Ezhisai naada perumaan'

This kshetra is also favorite to our swami Desikan , as our swami will be
presenting rathanangi to perumal during the Tamil month of puratassi/ Iypaasi .
Our swami Desikan worshipped Garuda atop the gill Oushadhagiri hill that is
near the temple and was blessed there with Hayagriva mantram and vigraham of
Yoga hayagriva. There is temple for Lakshmi Hayagriva perumal atop that hill.
The hill has 74 steps which signifies 74 simhasanapathies established by Swami
Bashyakara .

Markandeya maharishi did penance here and our Devanathan married the daughter
of the Maharishi , HemAbhjavalli and both the father-in-law and the bride of
the of the Lord took their place on either side of the perumal . There are
sannidhis for Chakarvarthi Thirumagan  and Raajagopalan here . Long time ago
their was swami namazhwar's idol was discovered under a tree . Hence there are
two idols of swami namazhwar in His sannidhi  .

Their is a sannidhi for our Swami Desikan and the dazzling beauty of the
vigraha of our swami is beyond description . This is a vigraham constructed by
our swami himself , when some one challenged our swami on his title of
Sarvathatra Swatantra . Here our swami also constructed a well which still
available

This divya deshams can be reached by bus as well as train . The nearest station
is thiruppaapuliyur or we can take a bus from koyembadu and get at cuddalore
and take mofasal bus from cuddalore to thiruveendhapuram

Perumal             : Deivanayakan (Moolavar)

                           Devanathan , Divishannathan ,Vibuthanathan ,

                           Moovaragiya Oruvan (Uthsavar)

Thayar                :  Hemambujavalli Thayar

Puskarani           : Garuda nadhi , Shesha Theertam , Chandra theertam

Vimanam           : Chandra Vimanam , suddhasatva vimanam

Pratyaksham       :  Chandra , Garuda

Mangalasasanam : Thirumangai Mannan ( 10 Pasurams )

Adiyean deSika daSaN
Ungal BAlaj! $
"na deivam deSikAt param, naparam deSikArchanAtH "

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/VkWolB/TM