You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00028 Jun 2004

Jun 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Everyone,

I do stand to explain. Firstly it is not wrong to say
or use chinna 'rra' that since there has been several
maruvals in Tamil from the original usages.

For eg Natham originally meant good smell

Thiraikadal odiyum  Dhiraviyam thedu meant the dowry
(Dhiraviyam) the groom had to give to the bride since
the practise of the tamils yesteryears was that the
groom gave the dowry to the bride to marry her.

Also the backside of the cow is a holy place since
that is where Lakshmi lives according to beliefs.

I only can call the hasty remark abhattam a Abhattam.

Thanks

Srinivasan

--- Srinivasa-Gopalan Sampathkumar

http://messenger.yahoo.com/