You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jun 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00037 Jun 2004

Jun 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavatas:
An  attempt on the subject of foods was made by me in
Chapter 15:"Triguna and Ahara Niyamam" in my nook
"Hiduism Rediscovered".

But, the series on the subject by Srimam Sudarshan is
truly a msterpiece and thought provoking as indeed all his
articles are. He brings vividly to our pointed attention
many of our practices that are in contravention of the wholesome
norms recommended in our scriptures (especially Bhagavad Gita and
Swami Desika's "Ahara Niyamam").

The supplement from Ms. Jayanti (Jennifer Polan)is equally fascinating,
coming as it does from a Non-Indian who has adopted Indian lifestyle
in letter and spirit.

My hearty congratulations to both and wish they regale us with
many more such eye-openers.

I would strongly recommend readers to go through these postings and the Website
of Jayanti(if not already done)
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Dear friends,

Ms. Jayanti (Jennifer Polan) has created a very
interesting personal web-site indeed. The latest
addition on "gOpuram" is a very creative effort. She
has added photographs of the Kapaleewarar Temple
"gopuram" and others to ilustrate the reality and
beauty of temple towers in India. Interestingly, she
has added a photo of a "goshAla" which is inside the
Kapaleeshwarar temple!

A great effort, Ms.Jayanti! Thank you so much!

We welcome such efforts and inputs such as yours in
this group.

Best wishes and rgds,

dAsan,
Sudarshan

--- ilovemadras <ilovemadras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
---------------------------------
Dear Friends,

I am writing to post a link on my site. It is a
reprint of
Sudarshan's notes on the Etymology of the word
Gopuram, pictures are
included-

http://members.tripod.com/jennifer_polan/submissions/gopuram.html

Regards,